Take in the lines

Given that Celtic have strength especially on the left side does anyone think we should take the lines in like we did against Dynamo Kiev and Alloa did against us to force them narrower? If anything it will give the Yahoos in the media something else to talk about and it might just work.

Yes it would affect us too but McKay hasn't been doing anything and maybe forcing ourselves narrow might help.

Edited by scotjo

No, let's make this weekend about our strengths.

Tav dealt with Sinclair well enough and Beerman also grew into the game after half-time. No Dembele will also make it more difficult for them to get up the park.

No, let's make this weekend about our strengths.

Tav dealt with Sinclair well enough and Beerman also grew into the game after half-time. No Dembele will also make it more difficult for them to get up the park.

As long as we flood midfield with 5.

As long as we flood midfield with 5.

Again, you're worrying too much about them.

In the last three games - at Hampden, Parkhead and Ibrox - we have caused them problems and should have scored more goals than we did. As such, let's take the game to them from the off and let them worry about us.

I'm not being blasé here or dismissing the threats Celtic carry but sitting back doesn't really play to our strengths so let's ensure we do that first and foremost in front of a passionate home support.

Given that Celtic have strength especially on the left side does anyone think we should take the lines in like we did against Dynamo Kiev and Alloa did against us to force them narrower? If anything it will give the Yahoos in the media something else to talk about and it might just work.

Yes it would affect us too but McKay hasn't been doing anything and maybe forcing ourselves narrow might help.

What's the point if the team don't turn up again?

IMHO, the one mistake we did starting-XI-wise was not to use Hodson as right-back and place Tavernier in midfield, to add some physical presence, pace and bit. Likewise, as in the first OF game of the season, Halliday offered next to nothing, while others seemed to be in awe of the occasion and the opponent's aggressive attacking stance. And as is noted above, debating line-ups is irrelevant if players don't turn up.

So, I'd go 4-5-1 with Garner up top, Dodoo on the left and would even try O'Halloran on the right, for he has pace and presence to trouble their not-that-good defence. Likewise, he's got the pace and presence to track back should either forward goes into attacking mode. Put Tav next to Holt in DM roles, Toral or Miller in front of them as the creative link.

Foderingham

Hodson - Bates - Wilson - Beerman

Tavernier - Holt

O'Halloran - Miller - Dodoo

Garner

Again, you're worrying too much about them.

In the last three games - at Hampden, Parkhead and Ibrox - we have caused them problems and should have scored more goals than we did. As such, let's take the game to them from the off and let them worry about us.

I'm not being blasé here or dismissing the threats Celtic carry but sitting back doesn't really play to our strengths so let's ensure we do that first and foremost in front of a passionate home support.

I am a 100% with you Frankie but I worry under this manager that we are not fit enough to get a strong front press going. Our fitness seems to have gone in reverse as we are coming 1 or 2 yards short every time. Once or twice does not mean it is a serial thing but over many games I worry it is.

i would also like Hodson in and have Tav in midfield, hopefully as well as attacking Doddoo can track back to help out Beerman as he got exposed on Sun.

Edited by scotjo