Scotland Squad v England

Seaman is an interesting pick! Certainly a world class keeper but Leighton and Goram were probably better for me. But He was the best English keeper Ive seen - ahead of Shilton.

Obviously a generation thing which is great. Im a tad too young to have Souness and Dalglish. I remember them but would be fake putting them in based on other opinions.

For me, Id have to switch to a 3-5-2 as the centre half options are incredible.

Goram

McLeish Gough Adams

Lambert

Gerrard Gascoigne Scholes Cooper

Shearer Rooney

That team would get ripped apart on the wings.

As much as I love Cooper.

Wanted to check the highlights but UEFA/FIFA have all their hawks out tonight and they have been scrambling all over youtube and blocked all those dozen links I tried ...

I use the Forza App for all my football needs. A fantastic all for live updates, fixtures, results, stats......

Wanted to check the highlights but UEFA/FIFA have all their hawks out tonight and they have been scrambling all over youtube and blocked all those dozen links I tried ...

They are showing the highlights right now on ITV with the English commentary...strangely though, the camera is in the North Stand as opposed to the usual South Stand position for all games at Hampden...makes the ground look quite magnificent!

I'd love Rangers to move the cameras to the Sandy Jardine Stand, the sight of the Main Stand and not having that ugly corner would be awesome in my opinion.

That team would get ripped apart on the wings.

As much as I love Cooper.

I tried to be impartial and mix it up a bit. The choices of centre halves is unreal. Campbell, Terry, Miller, Ferdinand, Hendry to name a few from my era.

Keeper is interesting. Shilton is a record cap holder but Id have Leighton or Goram ahead of him, they were better shot stoppers. But apart from Shilton, Seaman is the only quality keeper Ive seen in an England shirt. Since Seaman retired they have had a few bombscares - James, Robinson, Green, Hart.

Why Hart starts now is baffling, Forster is clearly a better keeper.

Tonights other game: Lithuania 1-2 Slovakia

Table...

Slovakia...6...4...0...2...12...4...12

Slovenia...6...3...2...1....6...3...11

Scotland...6...2...2...2....9..10....8

To play...(Fri Sept 1,Mon Sept 4,Thu Oct 5,Sun Oct 8)

Slovakia - Slovenia (H) England (A) Scotland (A) Malta (H)

Slovenia - Slovakia (A) Lithuania (H) England (A) Scotland (H)

Scotland - Lithuania (A) Malta (H) Slovakia (H) Slovenia (A)

Although very unlikely, 2nd place is still possible, so Strachan will continue.

Scotland Have to win 4 games, nothing else. Lithuania away is tricky, but we have to redeem the home game draw. What an absolute cock up the home draw with them is going to turn out to be.

I would swap Strachan for McLeish straight away. Strachan should have went at the end of the last qualification then again after Lithuania. Big Eck is proven at short term pick ups so would probably come in and win 4 games. I dont think Mark McGhee helps. Sacked by Motherwell but kept on as No.2. I saw a clip the other day of training and the only thing that stood out was his belly. He cant be a good example for players. Managers and assistant managers are capable of getting an extra 10% out of players

Edited by Gribz