Club 1872 - Projects Working Group

Dear member

Club 1872 members were recently invited to complete a skills audit questionnaire in order that suitable working groups could be created to assist with the running of the organisation. A Projects working group has now been formed to support the Club 1872 Board and deliver tangible results for current and prospective members.

By default, members' monthly contributions are split with 47.5% of an allocation towards Club 1872 Projects, 47.5% towards share purchases and 5% to administration costs. Many members opt to alter this percentage allocation at their discretion, however, Club 1872 currently holds over £175,000 in the Projects fund and is keen to ensure that these monies are used for the benefit of members, Rangers FC and the Rangers community at large.

Members were previously invited to submit suggestions for Projects, and several responses were received which vary in size, complexity and the associated funding required. The Club 1872 Board is keen to ensure that realistic and achievable Projects are selected regularly by the membership and to this end, would now invite all members to submit further suggestions for potential Projects with a perceived cost of less than £50,000.

Project suggestions can be emailed to projects@club1872.co.uk and entries will close on Friday 16th of June. Thereafter, all submissions will be reviewed and the three most practical and achievable options will be put to a members vote via the Club 1872 website. With voting expected to open toward the end of June and last for up to two weeks, the Board endeavours to ensure the first Project is ready to be actioned by the end of the quarter.

This is an exciting opportunity for all members to submit suggestions for Projects which they feel would enhance the match day experience, assist with member engagement and generally promote both Rangers FC and Club 1872.

I disagree with funding projects through C1872 as I wanted them to concentrate on share ownership, but I accept the democratic will of my fellow Bears and am now looking forward to hopefully a few exciting and special projects being proposed.

I agree with you. Just does sit right with me that fans are spending money on things that the board should be covering, money should be spent on increasing fans ownership imo. I know you alter your own contribution percentage, so most must be happy with the setup.

I disagree with funding projects through C1872 as I wanted them to concentrate on share ownership, but I accept the democratic will of my fellow Bears and am now looking forward to hopefully a few exciting and special projects being proposed.

could it maybe a condition of the Community company setup???

could it maybe a condition of the Community company setup???

Possibly, I genuinely don't know, but Bearger sums up my sentiments above in that C1872 shouldn't be paying for projects that the club should be doing, and should be increasing share ownership (or saving towards it at the moment) as its sole priority.

Those of us who believe that shares are the most important aspect are in a minority amongst the Rangers support. Bear in mind that, at our lowest point in recent years, we only managed to attract circa 14,000 fans into fan share buying schemes. The reasoning behind the projects was to try to attract new members who were not previously interested in share ownership. There could be lots of things that people could say the Board should be doing but their main priority is getting the team right and maintaining the stadium. The projects can fund things that wouldn't be getting done by the club in the short term or things that would enhance the fans' experience.

Those of us who believe that shares are the most important aspect are in a minority amongst the Rangers support. Bear in mind that, at our lowest point in recent years, we only managed to attract circa 14,000 fans into fan share buying schemes. The reasoning behind the projects was to try to attract new members who were not previously interested in share ownership. There could be lots of things that people could say the Board should be doing but their main priority is getting the team right and maintaining the stadium. The projects can fund things that wouldn't be getting done by the club in the short term or things that would enhance the fans' experience.

I accept what you say. It just seems not right to me that the 3B & other rich individuals are guaranteed their money back either in cash or shares but Club1872 contributors are not. I don't contribute as I prefer to buy & retain my own shares and proxy to Club1872. Maybe I should not be critical, after all it's an individuals choice and their money.