Saturday's SPL player ratings and MoM poll

I think Hemdani has more skill than Ferguson by some way. He's the only person in our team (squad?) who looks like they are really comfortable on the ball.

Hasty? I'm not so sure. I've been a big fan of Fergie and urging people to get off his back for some time, but has he really ever reproduced the form he did a few years back?

Besides, ICT are hardly a great side. They lost to Dunfermline last week. If Fergie, as a well paid professional athlete can't handle a few games in a week, then he should quit now.

Also, with the changes of manager still not solving some of our problems, I think there might be more to the rumours that that certain players do think they're more important than the club and have been undermining AM and PLG.

IMO you're being too harsh on him, after all if you think he is undermining Walter Smith and Ally then that's being a bit disrespectfull of them, once we get Scott Brown in there as well, we'll have some midfield

IMO you're being too harsh on him, after all if you think he is undermining Walter Smith and Ally then that's being a bit disrespectfull of them, once we get Scott Brown in there as well, we'll have some midfield

No, I don't know what is happening under WS and Ally, but what I do know is that the same core of players have shown worrying signs that their attitude hasn't changed one jot. Its almost as if they are choosing which sides they really need to bust a gut to beat whereas others they are happy to coast through on auto pilot. For our captain to be in that group of players is a disgrace.

I'm just trying to put some ideas out there about why we're still suffering from some of the same problems we were under AM.

As for Fergie, he's been a shadow of his former self since he came back and every time we think he's showing signs of what he used to be able to do, they never seem to last very long.

If you think that's controversial then have you been watching the same Gers team as I have? Seriously, we scored against ICT and then never looked bothered until they equalised by which point it was too late.

WS has definitely steadied the ship, but I think we need big changes to personnel if we're going to move on from the mire that we seem to be stuck in.

Scott Brown is a step in the right direction, but I don't think he's the answer to all our problems by any stretch.

No, I don't know what is happening under WS and Ally, but what I do know is that the same core of players have shown worrying signs that their attitude hasn't changed one jot. Its almost as if they are choosing which sides they really need to bust a gut to beat whereas others they are happy to coast through on auto pilot. For our captain to be in that group of players is a disgrace.

I'm just trying to put some ideas out there about why we're still suffering from some of the same problems we were under AM.

As for Fergie, he's been a shadow of his former self since he came back and every time we think he's showing signs of what he used to be able to do, they never seem to last very long.

If you think that's controversial then have you been watching the same Gers team as I have? Seriously, we scored against ICT and then never looked bothered until they equalised by which point it was too late.

WS has definitely steadied the ship, but I think we need big changes to personnel if we're going to move on from the mire that we seem to be stuck in.

Scott Brown is a step in the right direction, but I don't think he's the answer to all our problems by any stretch.

Well, we all can't agree on all players, i'm only saying i'd rather keep Fergie than sell him, as for me he's still the best midfield player in Scotland by far

The days of buying big names is over, so we need to get the good scottish players at our club, starting of with Brown, Naismith, Gow and McCuloch. Then we need to look at other players from the home nations like David Healy etc. Then have a few foreigners in the team

As Mike says we are still having the same problems as we had with the 2 previous managers.

Im not sure what the exact cause of the problems are, but i do think those who run the club have loads of responsibility off the park. But on it, I still think Ferguson is causing some issues by demanding to other players to play everything through him - we are so one dimensional. So signing the likes of Scott Brown may sound good, but will he end up being a good buy if he cant forfill his game due to the captain ordering him around? After all Kevin Thomson has started very poorly and isnt in the team ahead if Charlie Adam who has shockers every 2nd week.

BF has been caught giving a few team mates rollockings this season for minor things like not passing to him when he could have been a bigger man and gave them a quiet talking too off the park.

As i said, I wouldnt be disappointed if we cashed in on him and played Hemdani in the centre (maybe with Thomson aswell) and gave Buffel another chance in his preferred position then had Brown on the right with McCulloch on the left.

Another perspective on Fergie demanding the ball and tackling his own players. It appears to me he does this when the rest of the guys around him are not performing. This weekend as an example, second half, just sitting on a 1 goal lead, no urgency, no ideas. So fergie drops back deep, demands the ball, drives forward and then plays Hutton in behind the defence who then wins a corner. Positive play that wouldn't have happened if Fergie hadn't dropped back.

Admittedly overall Fergie had a bad game, but after being the only Scot who didn't look out of place v Italy, I think we need to look at his performances as a whole and not jump on one bad game to knock him or 1 good game to say he's world class.

One of the first posts in this thread was also very telling.

I know he's had some very good performances this season, but he doesn't seem capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of its neck and turning things around when its not going our way. Too often he seems to get posted missing or being dragged far too deep when he should be pushing on and driving the whole team forward.

As a captain and key player he obviously carries a huge amount of responsibility. But when the other ten players aren't performing why is it down to Barry to completely change a game, which remember is being affetced by 21 individuals. Would KT or Hemdani not single handedly changing the course of a match going badly against us be used to knock them. I only use KT and BH as they both play in the middle of the park where ability to influence the game is greatest. He seems to be the only player expected to do this and it is a bit unrealistic. If perhpas he was regulalry getting help from other senior players then fair enough.

The man still is the best player at the club and the odd poor performance doesn't change that.