Euro deadline???

Does anyone know who is in the squad apart from the 3 mentioned and how big is the squad, I had heard it was 25? Is it the case that some of the squad have to be "home grown"? Cheers

42.01 Each club is responsible for submitting an A list of players (List A) and a B list of
players (List B), duly signed, to its association for verification, validation, signature
and forwarding to UEFA. These lists must include the name, date of birth, shirt
number and name, nationality and national registration date of all players to be
fielded in the UEFA club competition in question, as well as the surname and first
name of the head coach. In addition, the lists must include the confirmation by
the club’s doctor that all players have undergone the requested medical
examination; the club’s doctor is solely responsible for ensuring that the
requested players’ medical examination has been duly performed.

42.02 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom
must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for
"locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "associationtrained
players" listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the
players who qualify as being "locally trained", as well as whether they are "clubtrained"
or "association-trained". The possible combinations that enable clubs to
comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex H.

42.03 A "locally trained player" is either a "club-trained player" or an "associationtrained
player".

42.04 A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the
season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which
he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with
his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a
period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship
and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or
of 36 months.

42.05 An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the
start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the
season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and
age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same
association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three
entire seasons or of 36 months.

42.06 If a club has fewer than eight locally trained players in its squad, then the
maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
42.07 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
a. 19 June 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
b. 7 July 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
c. 21 July 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
d. 7 August 2017 (24.00CET) for all matches in the play-offs;
e. 1 September 2017 (24.00CET) for all further matches from the first match in
the group stage up to and including the final.

42.08 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum
of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines,
provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must
be completed by 24.00CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the
club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at
domestic level at this time.

42.09 If the registration of such a new player causes the number of players on List A to
exceed 25, the club must remove a currently registered player to reduce the
squad to 25 players again.

42.10 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during
the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00CET on the day
before the match in question.

42.11 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1996 and
has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of
two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players
aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the
participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Going by the above, I'd expect List A to be the following:

* Association trained

** Club trained

1 Foderingham

2 Alnwick

3 Kelly**

4 Tavernier

5 Cardoso

6 Wilson**

7 Bates*

8 Wallace*

9 Hodson

10 McCrorie**

11 Jack*

12 Rossiter

13 Kranjcar

14 Holt*

15 Pena

16 Dalcio

17 Candeias

18 Windass

19 Miller*

20 McKay**

21 Morelos

22 Herrera

23 Waghorn

24 Dodoo

25 O'Halloran*

List B can have such players as Aidan Wilson, Barjonas, Thompson, Burt, Hardie, Lyon and Houston.

Players perhaps considered first team members who may miss out initially and be swapped in at a later date will be Alves, Halliday, Kiernan, Crooks, Forrester and Beerman.

We may also dispense with a McCrorie and/or Kelly from that list (both could be on List B) and opt for 24 players on List A.

PS: We can also add a wild card after each round should we sign new players (e.g. Dorrans and/or Walker).

Edited by Frankie

Going by the above, I'd expect List A to be the following:

* Association trained

** Club trained

1 Foderingham

2 Alnwick

3 Kelly**

4 Tavernier

5 Cardoso

6 Wilson**

7 Bates*

8 Wallace*

9 Hodson

10 McCrorie**

11 Jack*

12 Rossiter

13 Kranjcar

14 Holt*

15 Pena

16 Dalcio

17 Candeias

18 Windass

19 Miller*

20 McKay**

21 Morelos

22 Herrera

23 Waghorn

24 Dodoo

25 O'Halloran*

List B can have such players as Aidan Wilson, Barjonas, Thompson, Burt, Hardie, Lyon and Houston.

Players perhaps considered first team members who may miss out initially and be swapped in at a later date will be Alves, Halliday, Kiernan, Crooks, Forrester and Beerman.

We may also dispense with a McCrorie and/or Kelly from that list (both could be on List B) and opt for 24 players on List A.

PS: We can also add a wild card after each round should we sign new players (e.g. Dorrans and/or Walker).

Excellent work Frankie, exciting times :-)

I think we all know that yesterday's starting 11 will more than likely be the starting 11 for Thursday i.e. Fod, Tav, Bates, Cardoso, Wallace, Jack, Holt, Kranjcar, Dalcio, Waghorn, Miller. Potentially Morelos and Candeias could start ahead of Waghorn and Miller.

Feel a bit disappointed for the youngsters that stepped up at the end of last season, some of them may make the Euro squad but unlikely any of them will even make the bench, possibly McCrorie and Beerman.

I think the youngsters will end up on loan, shame really because they gave a good account of themselves.

I think we all know that yesterday's starting 11 will more than likely be the starting 11 for Thursday i.e. Fod, Tav, Bates, Cardoso, Wallace, Jack, Holt, Kranjcar, Dalcio, Waghorn, Miller. Potentially Morelos and Candeias could start ahead of Waghorn and Miller.

Feel a bit disappointed for the youngsters that stepped up at the end of last season, some of them may make the Euro squad but unlikely any of them will even make the bench, possibly McCrorie and Beerman.

I think the youngsters will end up on loan, shame really because they gave a good account of themselves.

I would be surprised if you don't see one or both of Pena and Herrera making a start. I get that they have only just joined and haven't played a game with the team but they will have a full week of training with the squad under their belt and seeing as we have only scored one goal in the last two games, that being an own goal too, I would think they would come into contention, especially as they are both supposedly goal scoring threats....

I think you are right about the youngsters though, its a shame but, for their development, its probably best if they do go out on loan, as long as its to a suitable team etc and they get good game time...

Edited by lenny3k