Forum/website feedback

Guys,

As a new season begins in earnest next week, I'm looking for some feedback on the forum and main site.

Are you happy with the design/software? Have you seen some extra functionality you'd like us to install? What about content - should we be trying to expand on our main site articles or is our 'quality, not quantity' mantra still the best strategy?

All opinions welcome (good, bad or indifferent).

PS: If anyone is interested in helping with the site - be it technically or just supplying written content then please get in touch.

Still think the site is the best available frankie. Posters are maybe a bit more argumentative (includes myself) than usual but that's most likely down to the poor season and the last few years rather than the forum.

Would like to see a push for more members. Would stick with the quality over quantity mentality with everything but think there is a middle ground to be reached .

A stupid thing but could we get rid of the password renewal stuff, bit of a pain in the ass when on the mobile as updating isn't that easy on the phone, could be just me being useless mind you!!

All in all you guys do a great job and we all have a forum where we can express our feelings on the Gers openly

Edit - any chance we could get a stats page?

Edited by trublusince1982

Still think the site is the best available frankie. Posters are maybe a bit more argumentative (includes myself) than usual but that's most likely down to the poor season and the last few years rather than the forum.

Would like to see a push for more members. Would stick with the quality over quantity mentality with everything but think there is a middle ground to be reached .

A stupid thing but could we get rid of the password renewal stuff, bit of a pain in the ass when on the mobile as updating isn't that easy on the phone, could be just me being useless mind you!!

All in all you guys do a great job and we all have a forum where we can express our feelings on the Gers openly

Edit - any chance we could get a stats page?

Appreciate the kind words mate.

I can't remember why we brought in the password change stuff but clearly it's security related. I'll turn it off for now and if we don't suffer any issues then fair enough.

In terms of membership numbers, it would be good to have more people posting but we're up against busier forums such as FF and RM in that regard. Add in the increasing popularity of social media then it's very tricky to increase traffic on forums. Certainly interested in ideas in how we can do that?

What kind of stats are you after?

In terms of membership numbers, it would be good to have more people posting but we're up against busier forums such as FF and RM in that regard. Add in the increasing popularity of social media then it's very tricky to increase traffic on forums. Certainly interested in ideas in how we can do that?

For me, one of the major plus-points of this site is that it's relatively small. It means the forum can be properly and sensibly moderated, and you get to know the other posters, and their general opinions and attitudes.

You also feel like you can have a discussion (or follow other people's) without the thread getting lost amongst crowd noise.

For me, Gersnet is easily the best forum.

For me, one of the major plus-points of this site is that it's relatively small. It means the forum can be properly and sensibly moderated, and you get to know the other posters, and their general opinions and attitudes.

You also feel like you can have a discussion (or follow other people's) without the thread getting lost amongst crowd noise.

Yes, I do tend to think along those lines as well but it is important to keep the discussion going as there is natural wastage when it comes to users. As such, it's vital we attract new posters.

This has never been an overly busy forum and I don't think it ever will be. However, I helped administer RM for a couple of years and it was a real head ache. It's much easier to maintain our rules on here and avoid the kind of issues that can put me off posting on our (busier) sites.

I think it's worth pointing out that our demographic is perhaps a lot different as well.

What's not to like? Plenty of quality writers, and reasonable arguments are allowed and debated with minimal censorship. I like the size of the forum as you almost get a feel for the character of each individual member (and for those members like myself who are outside of the country and probably very little opportunity to meet you all at matches, that is quite important.) I do log onto FF from time to time, but generally this would be over the transfer window as there is without a doubt certain of those members are ITK. However DB and Ian1964 (and others) will usually cut and paste those relevant comments onto Gersnet, which is much appreciated as you don't have to deal with the waffle!

With regards to those members who have left, I haven't noticed Zappa for a long time. Usually didn't agree with his comments or thoughts, but always well made and often thought provoking. What happened to him.

Overall, compliments to the editorial team, it may not be the busiest, but is certainly the best forum, IMHO.

PS. Definitely agree on the password issue, can never remember mine after the few months have elapsed!

Thanks Davie!

Aye, dB and Ian do a sterling job of c&ping stuff from elsewhere to save the rest of us the hassle.

With regard to Zappa, he had some personal issues to sort out and IIRC a new job so has had to take an enforced sabbatical. Hopefully he'll be back in the future.

The best thing about this forum is the admin/mods at least give you a warning as opposed to an instant ban, unlike FF!!, I have not logged back into FF for weeks now since my last ban and probably won't again, however I still read it so then can steal any info and post it on here!.

Have enjoyed my time on here with the banter and serious stuff on the main forum,unlike the nastiness of the FF where,after a pretty nasty reply/snide remark made to me,I have not posted since.

Not much to say about any changes other than agreeing with the password check.

Keep up the good work:thup::tu: