2 Birmingham 39 23 74

----------------------------------

3 Sunderland 40 22 73

4 Preston 39 14 68

5 West Brom 40 21 67

6 Wolverhampton 40 -2 66

----------------------------------

7 Southampton 40 19 63

The Championship is shaping up to be the best ever this year with id say about 3 or 4 different teams capable of winning it.

Derby being the surprise package of the three, Billy Davies recently saying that his expectations were to finish about mid-table. Very impressed with them although they have left it very late on more than one occasion.

Birmingham Probably were probably expected to be where they are and they look like the favourite with their game in hand. Steve Bruce must be confident of taking them back up and recent addition Andy Cole will add experience in the run-in

Sunderland after a difficult start are beginning to show the makings of a Premiership side with a manager with great potential

Preston also have a chance if they can get a late run of good form together

So who do you think will win this very exciting league?

It really is a great league and i take interest in it every season. Im going to be taking more interest next season when West Ham are back in it.

Anyway this year is the most close its been, there is normally a runaway leader who are already up by now.

Derby just keep plugging away and have the points on top so I fancy them to go up as 1 of the top 2. I think Birmingham are the other team for auto promotion.

Sunderland have been on an unbelievable run of late but i think they will get beat soon (away to Southampton) and that will put them in the play offs. Wolves were another who were on a fantastic run but then got stuffed from Southampton 6-0 at home.

I think Sunderland will come up in the play offs and Roy Keane will make them a decent side in the EPL - even though he and Niall Quinn are cocks of the highest order.

BTW it should be called EPL2 as more than half the league are former EPL sides.

C'mon the Derby.