Kilmarnock to complete deal for Kirk Broadfoot

Broadfoot has had talks with Rugby Park boss and former Ibrox team-mate Lee McCulloch and a deal has been agreed.

Kirk Broadfoot's switch from Rotherham to Kilmarnock is set to be completed this morning.

The former Rangers defender has had talks with Rugby Park boss and former Ibrox team-mate Lee McCulloch and a deal has been agreed.

Broadfoot is surplus to requirements at the Millers following last season’s relegation from the Championship and is not part of the rebuilding plans in League One.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kilmarnock-complete-deal-former-rangers-10732344

Another former player who hasnt succeeded down south - relegation with Rotherham.

The other day I mentioned Ness, Wylde and others who disappear when going to England. Then they return north to Kilmarnocks and Motherwells etc.

Will the same thing happen to McKay ?

I think that was the thread I was mentioning. Lewis MacLeod is another yet injuries have hampered him.

I just googled John Fleck to see where he was, didnt realise he was with Sheff Utd just got promoted to the championship. 10 apps last season in league one.

I think that was the thread I was mentioning. Lewis MacLeod is another yet injuries have hampered him.

I just googled John Fleck to see where he was, didnt realise he was with Sheff Utd just got promoted to the championship. 10 apps last season in league one.

I think that's wrong about Fleck: I thought he was doing well at Utd, captaining on occasion (I had thought he was captain, but I can't find anything) and winning player of the year?

I think he's doing well, but your point does stand that these guys generally fade away after leaving.

Edited by Rousseau

I think that's wrong about Fleck: I thought he was doing well at Utd, captaining on occasion (I had thought he was captain, but I can't find anything) and winning player of the year?

I think he's doing well, but your point does stand that these guys generally fade away after leaving.

Without checking I think you may be referring about his Coventry spell where he got POTY?? I will check. .....

Im not convinced kirk has done as badly down there as people think.

Getting old now mind you.

He was their captain at one point was he not ? I agree, I think he did fairly well and the fans took to him. Rotherham issue was Stubbs far more than it was Broadfoot.

I think Broadfoot is a very solid pro, even with "limited ability". I remember him having a physical trainer over the whole off-season when with us to ensure he returned at optimum fitness. A consummate professional.

Killie would work well for him as he still owns his house at Ballochmyle, just a 10 minute drive from Rugby Park.