Club 1872 Statement on ‘Big Tax Case’ Verdict

If the SPFL were to make an issue of this and attempt to strip us of some titles then all we need to do is appeal to the SFA and I am fairly certain it would be overturned using the same reasoning, albeit under different rules, as indicated in their statement.

In any event, I very much doubt that Celtic aside (who are just pandering to the more extreme elements in their fans) there are more than one or two other clubs who would be up for a fight that would tear Scottish football apart.

I have a strong feeling that cooler heads will prevail there will be no further action.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Whilst I agree that for the most part this is an excellent statement; easily the best to come out of Club 1872; there is one aspect with which I disagree.

"Club 1872 ........... will use every legal means necessary to challenge those who promote, support or facilitate such a course of action. That will include......... mounting a legal challenge to the SPFL".

I don't believe that it's any part of Club 1872's business to mount a legal challenge to anything that does not directly affect the business of Club 1872 which is to buy shares and otherwise invest in RFC.

As far as I understand the current set up Club 1872 could not legitimately use its funds for that purpose.

Of course, Mr Blair might offer his services pro bono on this occasion.

However, any such legal battles are properly the business of RFC.

Whilst I agree that for the most part this is an excellent statement; easily the best to come out of Club 1872; there is one aspect with which I disagree.

"Club 1872 ........... will use every legal means necessary to challenge those who promote, support or facilitate such a course of action. That will include......... mounting a legal challenge to the SPFL".

I don't believe that it's any part of Club 1872's business to mount a legal challenge to anything that does not directly affect the business of Club 1872 which is to buy shares and otherwise invest in RFC.

As far as I understand the current set up Club 1872 could not legitimately use its funds for that purpose.

The rff had to take the sfa to court as green needed rangers money for his estate in france.

They could set up a fighting fund.

Edited by the gunslinger

They could but why bother when the SFA clearly wouldn't support them after their statement on wednesday

I was being a little bit facetious, Rab.

As you'll gather from my post #31, it's my opinion that even if the SPFL could make a case under their rules, it would be overturned on appeal.

So I think that what what you will see over the next few days is something along the lines of "it's ancient history and for the good of the game we have decided it's best to move on."

I am certain of one thing and that is that Regan will have told Doncaster and Doncaster will tell the SPFL Board, that this is a fight that they do not need and cannot win.

Edited by BrahimHemdani