Club 1872 Statement on ‘Big Tax Case’ Verdict

Lord Hodge did not help or clarify matters at all by stating we had broken sfa rules,a totally specious comment imo,I understood it was oldco/BDO v the AG, nothing whatsoever to do with the sfa.

We did break their rules and were fined 250.000 pounds for it. That was the lord Nimmo verdict.

They are now trying to overturn that but there was no appeal possibility and it has been accepted by the SFA.

Lifted from FF

Don’t punish Rangers players for the club’s tax mess, says Frank McAvennie

STRIPPING Rangers of their titles would be a massive own goal.

Regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, the guys on the park won their silverware fair and square.

And the club should get to keep it.

If we’re being honest, you can bet the rival fans enjoyed their teams’ classic games against the mighty Ibrox sides over the years.

You can’t just revel in some of the finest football Scotland has ever seen — all those last- minute winners and flashpoints — then pretend none of it never happened.

And I say that as a Celtic man.

There were times we didn’t even finish second in the league so I’m not sure what anyone gains from stripping titles.

I understand the Supreme Court ruling was damning, that Rangers lost the case and that people will talk about years of EBT use — but how does a tax scheme alter what players were able to do in a game?

The way I see it, they did nothing wrong — that was down to the high heid yins.

If I was offered a contract like they were, you can be sure I would have accepted it and gladly played.

But there’s another side to this as well.

It’s not just about Rangers and Celtic.

What about Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock and the likes who are not of the same size or stature?

Their players would never have dreamed of sharing a pitch with the likes of Brian Laudrup, left, or Frank de Boer — quality footballers who could have played for most teams in Europe and yet we got to enjoy them in Scotland.

It means that average players shared the park with people they’d otherwise only see on TV.

And I can tell you, that is a real honour.

It’s the reason I moved to England — so I could test myself against better players.

The fact we were able to get what I craved in Scotland years later just made for more excitement.

Punish who you want upstairs, but don’t punish the players who won their matches and made memories in Scottish football that will last a lifetime.

Our game wouldn’t have been as fantastic without them and taking titles away means nothing to anyone.

It would be a token gesture that just wouldn’t sit well with me.

I know both sides of the Old Firm wind each other up and like to joke around, but I doubt anyone genuinely thinks taking away trophies makes a difference.

At the end of the day, other teams lost.

Maybe it wasn’t fair and square behind the scenes — but the players on the pitch didn’t care.

They battled and fought for three points the same way anyone else would.

At your age are you not more likely to attend a funeral than a wedding ? :ninja: :fish:

My Niece was getting married ya cheeky wee barsteward...............................................:)

How much would a boycott actually cost them per season? Hearts and the scum could fill their grounds for games against us, I'd imagine. And hibs and Aberdeen would see enlarged home support as a GIRUY to us (at least the first time). Hearts and Hibs have gone through a few seasons not being in the same league. I'd imagine them both being in the top flight would mitigate somewhat for our boycott. In other grounds we have small allocations, sometimes just a few thousand. What percentage of their annual income would actually be affected by us not being there? They'd still get TV revenue from our games against them and that's presumably worth a lot (relatively speaking.)

That's all presuming a boycott would work, a view history does not support.

If it was successful and long running then they'd also benefit from a cut in police costs.

Make absolutely no mistake. Should this continue there will be the war to end all wars. Through history we have been divided however now we stand united. The attack on our club, heritage and culture from those in positions of power will never end.

There WILL be a boycott the likes of which has never been witnessed. The publicity that it generates over the hatred towards our club from shame fc will also shine a light on their insidious past. The poison and bile that is generated by the subordinates of shame fc will facilitate the death of Scottish football.

We have been here before. We will stand by our team, our club and our culture. This is all out conflict and our existence is one again at stake.

No more money to those who attempt to destroy us. Cut all ties with shame fc and their cohorts. No more negotiations!

Lifted from FF

Don’t punish Rangers players for the club’s tax mess, says Frank McAvennie

STRIPPING Rangers of their titles would be a massive own goal.

Regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, the guys on the park won their silverware fair and square.

And the club should get to keep it.

If we’re being honest, you can bet the rival fans enjoyed their teams’ classic games against the mighty Ibrox sides over the years.

You can’t just revel in some of the finest football Scotland has ever seen — all those last- minute winners and flashpoints — then pretend none of it never happened.

And I say that as a Celtic man.

There were times we didn’t even finish second in the league so I’m not sure what anyone gains from stripping titles.

I understand the Supreme Court ruling was damning, that Rangers lost the case and that people will talk about years of EBT use — but how does a tax scheme alter what players were able to do in a game?

The way I see it, they did nothing wrong — that was down to the high heid yins.

If I was offered a contract like they were, you can be sure I would have accepted it and gladly played.

But there’s another side to this as well.

It’s not just about Rangers and Celtic.

What about Partick Thistle, Kilmarnock and the likes who are not of the same size or stature?

Their players would never have dreamed of sharing a pitch with the likes of Brian Laudrup, left, or Frank de Boer — quality footballers who could have played for most teams in Europe and yet we got to enjoy them in Scotland.

It means that average players shared the park with people they’d otherwise only see on TV.

And I can tell you, that is a real honour.

It’s the reason I moved to England — so I could test myself against better players.

The fact we were able to get what I craved in Scotland years later just made for more excitement.

Punish who you want upstairs, but don’t punish the players who won their matches and made memories in Scottish football that will last a lifetime.

Our game wouldn’t have been as fantastic without them and taking titles away means nothing to anyone.

It would be a token gesture that just wouldn’t sit well with me.

I know both sides of the Old Firm wind each other up and like to joke around, but I doubt anyone genuinely thinks taking away trophies makes a difference.

At the end of the day, other teams lost.

Maybe it wasn’t fair and square behind the scenes — but the players on the pitch didn’t care.

They battled and fought for three points the same way anyone else would.

What's Laudrup got to do with it - wasn't he long before EBts?

I won't ever go back to any of those clubs grounds involved in voting us out the SPL and haven't done since their vote, I'm in favour of a full boycott of them. However would it not be timely to show some intent of the seriousness of the situation by the club, if they vastly reduced the Vermins ticket allocation to Ibrox for next season?

Until the club shows some leadership on the fightback any talk of a boycott is just that, Talk.

We did break their rules and were fined 250.000 pounds for it. That was the lord Nimmo verdict.

They are now trying to overturn that but there was no appeal possibility and it has been accepted by the SFA.

There was no need whatsoever for Lord Hodge to mention it,looks to me as if he was pointing to it as support for his decision to rule against us.