Club 1872 Statement on ‘Big Tax Case’ Verdict

I'm just heading out to a wedding now!, going to miss the undoubted backlash to this statement!

At your age are you not more likely to attend a funeral than a wedding ? :ninja: :fish:

Can't help feeling this should have been commented on by a QC employed by the club,the mhanks done so with paul mcbride and ended the sfa threat in minutes,we never seem to do things in a legally tidy way.

Can't help feeling this should have been commented on by a QC employed by the club,the mhanks done so with paul mcbride and ended the sfa threat in minutes,we never seem to do things in a legally tidy way.

Celtic have the media in their back pockets though mate.

Had we used a QC to make a statement the hate brigade would have been arguing that using a QC means we MUST have something to hide.

It is a massive mistake to use crimes of child abuse as a counterweight in a football dispute which, I think, is part of the sub-text in the statement which is otherwise pretty good.

The fighting fund money has been expended. Time for a defence fund.

It is a massive mistake to use crimes of child abuse as a counterweight in a football dispute which, I think, is part of the sub-text in the statement which is otherwise pretty good.

The fighting fund money has been expended. Time for a defence fund.

Its not necessarily child abuse Club1872 are hinting at, it is the tax evasion of wrongly reporting turnstile income during the 70/80's when it was common knowledge that celtics crowds were always declared lower than the number who attended because the club were paying directors/officials/players/managers direct from turnstile income instead of through PAYE.

However, we are also going to have to get down and grubby with these scumbags as they have no low bar in how they will fight to get at us. If we have to claim that the cover-up of child abuse led to a sporting advantage because they would have been banned from recruiting their own kids if it was known they harboured abusers and therefore wouldnt have been able to bring through a lot of players for free but would have to have paid for them from other clubs instead, then so be it. THE GLOVES ARE OFF.

And their ebt

They did, of course, pay the tax on Juninho's EBT ( after he left was it not ?) Just as BDO are now going to do.

And can someone may enlighten me here but did BDO not at one time question the amount of tax due on our EBT's and that is was nowhere near the figures being quoted in the mhedia?

They did, of course, pay the tax on Juninho's EBT ( after he left was it not ?) Just as BDO are now going to do.

And can someone may enlighten me here but did BDO not at one time question the amount of tax due on our EBT's and that is was nowhere near the figures being quoted in the mhedia?

BDO aren't going to pay the tax on the EBT Rab. The crytalised income in the liquidation process is nowhere near the tax liability so they will pay pennies in the pound of that tax. However, that makes it no different, in practicality, to those other clubs such as Hearts or Dundee (twice) who went into administration. They went into administration because their liabilities were greater than their assets and they couldn't pay those liabilities - our situation is EXACTLY the same.

The tax due is still a significant amount - BDO said 72 million I believe - there is no way the income going to creditors will be that high.