Thought for the day

If "title stripping" had been imposed on us in 2012, in return for us keeping our SPL status, then celtic wouldn't be on course for 10 in a row now, and we wouldn't even be playing teams from Luxembourg in competitive games in June, let alone getting beat by them!

Rangers have been punished enough for not paying this tax debt. Demoted 3 divisions, fined £250,000 and losing out about £100million over 5 years in terms of lost players, lost gate money, TV & Prize money - not to mention the "lost" merchandise money & share issue cash which were last seen heading in the direction of Messrs Ashley & Green..

In professional sport, paying high wages is not generally considered cheating, although it does give teams an advantage. Is it unfair that Barcelona can pay higher wages than Ross County? Probably, but most reasonable people understand that this is how professional sport works. Running up huge debts may seem unfair, but the fact is that there is always a longer term price to pay. We have paid a heavier price than most.

However in Scottish football we are not dealing with reasonable people. We are dealing with rabid animals wound up into a blood-thirsty frenzy by the Scottish nationalist media. But looking back, if we had just chosen to bite the bullet and accept title stripping in 2012, would we be in a better place now than we are today??

But looking back, if we had just chosen to bite the bullet and accept title stripping in 2012, would we be in a better place now than we are today??

If you mean in regard to the raving of the followers of other clubs absolutely nothing would be any different. Title stripping isn't really what they desperately wanted. Extinction is what they wanted and they're getting into a frantic froth right now because not only are we not extinct it looks as if we're constructing s side that will put the likes of the sheep back in the shade they were actually always in aside from a brief Ferguson inspired period.

Right now the followers of both the sheep and Dundee Utd are frothing at the mouth about title stripping. What possible difference would that make to them? If you took away every honor w got in the past 50 years we would still be eclipsing both of them combined.

We didn't need EBT's to eclipse them, we always did and we will again.

Despite what some may say, I don't think the title stripping in 2012 was ever going to happen.Removing honours could easily have led to sponsors & TV companies(having paid in large sums) taking legal action against the Scottish football authorities.

I disagree with ur statement about not paying tax debt. We got put in SFL3 because the then SPL wouldn't allow us to transfer our SPL share from oldco to newco following the CVA rejection. The tax debt was Whyte not paying PAYE/NI at the time. It wasn't EBT-related which is what the current hysteria is about and I believe what it was mostly about in 2012. But it's outcome was unknown then

But what we're now dealing with is individuals & supporters groups who were led to believe back in 2012 that had Rangers lost the BTC then titles stripping would take place. These people never considered the legal aspects of EBT's which Lord Hodge laid bare last week. They were not illegal.

So how they now proceed in their title stripping remains to be seen. The likes of LIewell, Milne & Thompson may well have some explaining to do to appease their slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes.

If you mean in regard to the raving of the followers of other clubs absolutely nothing would be any different. Title stripping isn't really what they desperately wanted. Extinction is what they wanted and they're getting into a frantic froth right now because not only are we not extinct it looks as if we're constructing s side that will put the likes of the sheep back in the shade they were actually always in aside from a brief Ferguson inspired period.

Right now the followers of both the sheep and Dundee Utd are frothing at the mouth about title stripping. What possible difference would that make to them? If you took away every honor w got in the past 50 years we would still be eclipsing both of them combined.

We didn't need EBT's to eclipse them, we always did and we will again.

Aberdeen have got Stewart and are trying for Maloney. Don't make the mistake of thinking they will be a push-over.

Despite what some may say, I don't think the title stripping in 2012 was ever going to happen.Removing honours could easily have led to sponsors & TV companies(having paid in large sums) taking legal action against the Scottish football authorities.

I disagree with ur statement about not paying tax debt. We got put in SFL3 because the then SPL wouldn't allow us to transfer our SPL share from oldco to newco following the CVA rejection. The tax debt was Whyte not paying PAYE/NI at the time. It wasn't EBT-related which is what the current hysteria is about and I believe what it was mostly about in 2012. But it's outcome was unknown then

But what we're now dealing with is individuals & supporters groups who were led to believe back in 2012 that had Rangers lost the BTC then titles stripping would take place. These people never considered the legal aspects of EBT's which Lord Hodge laid bare last week. They were not illegal.

So how they now proceed in their title stripping remains to be seen. The likes of LIewell, Milne & Thompson may well have some explaining to do to appease their slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes.

Especially as many in the media are determined to exploit the situation to attack us and whip said hordes into further frenzy.

Has there been any attempt at checking how our time in the lower league affected the Scottish game, i.e. the revenue created by it, the top tier's clubs income etc.?

Out of my head, I seem to remember that the Yahoos are the only side who stayed in the black figures, but solely by their odd extended venture into Europe and inflated transfers out-fees they received for some of their players.

I did check the transfer figures of the top 6 clubs for the years between 2013 and 2016 and bar the Scum and Aberdeen (one player: McLean), not one of the clubs had a single penny to spend and all dealed in freebies and loanees.

In fact, Dundee United, Hibernian, Hearts, Dunfermline and St.Mirren were all relegated.