PRESS CONFERENCE | Lee Wallace | 31 July 2017

A big hint about Pena there I feel when he said some players are finding it harder to settle than the others due to language and getting used to the training and the city.

I thought he struggled with that interview.

Strange I thought he was pretty sharp to be honest. He thinks very quickly on how to answer without giving much away. He could be a politician.

A big hint about Pena there I feel when he said some players are finding it harder to settle than the others due to language and getting used to the training and the city.

He probably thought he knew some English till he heard the Glasgow version of it.

Love the honest and pride he has playing for Gers and being the captain. His interview last year about how big Rangers were was sublime.

A bit worried about the language barrier with all the new signings. Doesn't it take at least 6 months to speak fluent english unless they are quick learners? Miscommunication can cause issues on the field.

It took me a lot longer to learn to speak Dutch but for a Mexican you would think English is a second language. He is also probably getting lessons that i never had.

I thought he struggled with that interview.

No idea why you thought that.

The lad speaks well, is intelligent and seemed honest. Off the field he's a fine captain - let's hope he can match that on the pitch this season as that's where he's maybe struggled a wee bit.

Strange I thought he was pretty sharp to be honest. He thinks very quickly on how to answer without giving much away. He could be a politician.

This said I would imagine if it is for RTV he will already have seen the questions but I am sure he is just as sharp with the press.

No idea why you thought that.

The lad speaks well, is intelligent and seemed honest. Off the field he's a fine captain - let's hope he can match that on the pitch this season as that's where he's maybe struggled a wee bit.

He is intelligent and he does realise how something might be interpreted when he is speaking which is why in this particular interview he keeps on talking when he's already answered the question because he knows how it could be interpreted. In other words he's masking how uncomfortable he is with the questions by trying to talk all the way through it to some point where he is comfortable. You're correct in that he's also fairly honest and from that interview what I could see was someone recalling emotions. The only time I felt he wasn't being honest was when he was talking about his new team mates. From my perspective he was creating a scenario that he wished to be true but wasn't necessarily so. In spite of that one issue, which is kind of understandable, I feel he struggled uncomfortably through it.

Edited by Big Jaws