A view from afar on selective enforcement...

My cynical side, after looking at all the evidence over the past few years, says to me that the powers that be are attempting to goad Rangers supporters into a reaction they need in order to confirm their narrative.

As others have already noted, at some point one or more of our fans are going to decide that enough is enough and that since the police and the league/association will not act, that he/they will.

This is my fear. It's pretty damn obvious, even from across the pond, that there is one set of rules for us and another for everyone else. No one likes us and we don't care won't work, we have to care and demand our club compile evidence and present it.

What's the point of having Robertson on the SPFL board (is that right?) if we continue to have no voice?

The best thing for everyone to do is ignore the guy. He thrives on the attention and he'll disappear from our game for good soon enough with a bit of luck.

Thing is, I'm not talking about just one incident, I'm talking about a bunch of them. Lennon, the biased referee, the cup final, kids getting bottled, etc. The disparity of punishments for similar or even wildly dissimilar incidents is mind boggling.

Wait until 'strict liability' is introduced, and note which Club will have such liability most rigorously, and vigorously, enforced.

I'll wager you may have guessed, already.

Edited by Uilleam

Thing is, I'm not talking about just one incident, I'm talking about a bunch of them. Lennon, the biased referee, the cup final, kids getting bottled, etc. The disparity of punishments for similar or even wildly dissimilar incidents is mind boggling.

It's true - there have been a catalogue of incidents now which are trying the patience of every Rangers fan. All of which seem excused, defended or encouraged by those that would rather criticise our club than be fair.

The best to answer them is for us to keep behaving off the park and keep winning on it. And remember those who failed us when we're successful again.

Edited by Frankie

It's true - there have been a catalogue of incidents now which are trying to patience of ever Rangers fan. All of which seem excused, defended or encouraged by those that would rather criticise our club than be fair.

The best to answer them is for us to keep behaving off the park and keep winning on it. And remember those who failed us when we're successful again.

I totally agree, my point is that this seems like an orchestrated, deliberate effort to goad less thoughtful fans into a reaction. It only takes a couple for their dishonest narrative to be confirmed and continued.

All one has to do is look at the cup final: scores of Hhibs fans asking, if not begging, for a reaction results in a few Rangers fans giving them exactly what they want. And the stories are that Rangers and Hhibs fans riot on the pitch. No nuance or intellectual honestly.

I have never gone for conspiracy theories as I prefer to leave that to the others who are so deranged they were predicting that Beaton would be working on our side last Saturday. The events of that day didn't turn me into a conspiracy theorist but it did give me food for thought.

I will still err on the side of sheer incompetence/stupidity rather than anything else bizarre though that may be given the behaviour of Stokes all over the pitch from the opening minutes. Beaton damaged our campaign with incompetence early doors at the sheep pen last season and now again on Saturday.

Tavernier in particular who was wrongly booked by him on both occasions must have some choice words for this buffoon.

Edited by JFK-1

we can shut them all up by winning on the park. Over to you Pedro

....and the fans behaving. That means a change in song sheet, no flares/pyro & exemplary behaviour wherever they go. The less ammunition the fans give, the less there will be to beat us with.