Supporter Safety Notice

Obviously I'm old (40) but I just cannot see the attraction in this. These pyrotechnics are not funny, not impressive and not safe. I'm not sure what they are meant to be.

Yet it seems to be a part of youth culture as they do it at all the grounds, in Scotland at least. The only people who are remotely impressed by this are the wee neds in the opposite support who do the exact same thing. The rest of us actually pay the money to watch a game of football.

There is absolutely no chance of Rangers bringing in a green-brigade style standing section, at least I hope not anyway. It would be an affront to the victims of the Ibrox disaster in my opinion. Even then, the club would have to evict adult, full fee-paying season tickets holders who have been in their seat for generations, and for who? Some bunch of ignorant wee runts who want to sing about dead terrorists all day, yet weren't even born when Bobby Sands & co were planting bombs on the British mainland??

If you think the green brigade provide a good atmosphere then go and support Celtic. I imagine decent celtic fans are completely embarrassed by that mob, they used to boast about winning fair play awards but the GB have completely wrecked their reputation (which is the one thing I thank them for, ironically).

If you want to stand at the football, there are over 100 Junior teams in your local area who play in stadiums where you can stand all day, get pished and even take your dog if you want. I suggest you go there. Its cheaper too. I even go myself now and again, but won't be demanding a safe seating area, CCTV and £6 hot-dogs. here is the link-

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa

“Flares are used for marine distress and are designed not to be extinguished easily or quickly,” said the Premier League. “They contain chemicals and burn at temperatures of 1600C, the melting point of steel. Smoke bombs are mainly used recreationally in paintballing and war games, but these also burn at high temperatures and are designed to be used in wide open spaces.

"They are dangerous for those with asthma or breathing difficulties and can cause panic in a tightly packed crowd. They are not designed for use in confined spaces and it is illegal to enter a football stadium with one and set it off.

Gonzo I take it you are one of the group of morons who keep bringing the club into disrepute with your support of smoke bombs/flares.

Luckily I don't have asthma as I would have no doubt needed treatment during the "journey" having been issued with tickets for away games which placed me in or in approximately to the morons who let these things off.

IT HAS TO STOP AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SUPPORTING IT FULL STOP

I also have a reasonably thick skin but when it comes to safety it disappears,as it does when idiotic action detract from good performances of the team,so stick your smoke bombs in your pipe and inhale the shit those standing next to the morons have to breath in.

My last post on this matter.