Trouble with Club 1872 Working Group?

Who are the usual suspects ? as far as you know the regulator was not involved due to being contacted by the usual suspects,so their concerns were not taken up by the regulator.

It was only the benevolence of 1872 ? asking the regulator to check over CG’s edict that threw up this anomaly, which had been pointed out on here as well as other places long before this latest revelation.

1872 and blair are well matched, club vehicles.

I know what the word inherit means. My point was that unless it was written into a will or a person was nominated, how would Club 1872 know who is to be given the life membership? The regulator, as far as I know, was asked to look over the draft articles and give the go ahead. She hasn’t done so due to complaints from the usual suspects.
How would RF know either and it wasnt a problem for them

Who are the usual suspects ? as far as you know the regulator was not involved due to being contacted by the usual suspects,so their concerns were not taken up by the regulator.

It was only the benevolence of 1872 ? asking the regulator to check over CG’s edict that threw up this anomaly, which had been pointed out on here as well as other places long before this latest revelation.

1872 and blair are well matched, club vehicles.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, Are you? The wording of the new articles is exactly the same as it was for RF. As for your CG edict nonsense, grow up.

It may have been if five different family members all claimed the membership
So why was this never flagged up , JB was highly involved in writing both articles fir both CICs , im not knocking club1872 , im pointing the finger at the guy behind both companies .

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, Are you? The wording of the new articles is exactly the same as it was for RF. As for your CG edict nonsense, grow up.

29.1+29.2 reads simply enough even for me; and is nothing like RF enshrined.

29. Termination and suspension of membership

29.1. Membership of the Company as a Donating Member is not transferable to anyone else.

29.2. Membership is terminated if the member dies or ceases to exist.

29.3. If a Donating Member during the period of their membership publishes material which is obscene, abusive, sectarian, racist, defamatory or which otherwise brings the Company into disrepute or engages in abusive, intimidating or aggressive behaviour the Board of Directors shall be entitled to suspend that Donating Member’s membership for a period of up to six months. Such a decision may not be made unless the Donating Member has been given at least 14 Clear Days’ notice that the decision is to be proposed specifying the circumstances alleged to justify suspension and has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard by or of making written representations to the Directors.

It is well known that the working party resigned because it couldn't work with CG, yet you dig a deeper hole into which transparency is buried by denying CG's unwelcome input, many of us do not zip up the back.

1872 just another lame duck in our many minority fans created groups, a lot to be said for abandoning the lot and returning to RSC simple tried and trusted way of fan involvement.

Edited by union

Forgive me for not paying all that close attention to all this stuff but why would a life membership be considered heritable? Surely if you do that you're just limiting the chances of membership growth in the longer term?

I guess a similar argument applies to group memberships such as the Gersnet one in that 'ours' could be seen as one that wouldn't ever run out (as long as the website exists) but an individual's would cease on their death.

29.1+29.2

It is well known that the working party resigned because it couldn't work with CG, yet you dig a deeper hole into which transparency is buried by denying CG's unwelcome input, many of us do not zip up the back.

Who was on the working group and have they published public reasons for their resignations as I've not seen them anywhere?

Also, speaking of transparency, who are Rangers Fans Voice?

Not wanting to get into any sides, but I agree with Frankie, "Life membership" surely means non transferable for one person for the rest of their life, which ends after death. It's not "transferable membership in perpetuity". It's what it says on the tin.

Who was on the working group and have they published public reasons for their resignations as I've not seen them anywhere?

Also, speaking of transparency, who are Rangers Fans Voice?

Couldn’t care less who RFV is but they contacted the reg who made 1872 backtrack.

As for the working party resigning en masse,cg just happened to be passing through swanning about like he owns Ibrox ?