Trouble with Club 1872 Working Group?

Sorry you've lost me. If the resignation reasons are well known, please post them so people can understand exactly what is going on.

Further, if people are indeed requesting transparency (which is perfectly correct) then the least they can do is apply that to all the folk playing the usual games. I can't see how anyone can claim to be the fans' voice when they don't make themselves known to the people they claim to speak for.

Not wanting to get into any sides, but I agree with Frankie, "Life membership" surely means non transferable for one person for the rest of their life, which ends after death. It's not "transferable membership in perpetuity". It's what it says on the tin.

Calscots you are correct in your understanding of life memberships . However where this is getting murky is that myself and 899 other RF members bought life memberships because we were told they were transferable upon our deaths , however we were never told that this form of membership was against CIC rules , we were never told we had to include these memberships into our "wills" and we were never told we would need to inform either RF or club1872 who this person was .

As Union says above , initially these memberships which were transferred over to club1872 were going to cease with the member , there has been a 180 degree u turn on this and some amount of bull shitting to say that they were always going to be honoured , however no where in the articles does it mention this .

Sorry you've lost me. If the resignation reasons are well known, please post them so people can understand exactly what is going on.

Further, if people are indeed requesting transparency (which is perfectly correct) then the least they can do is apply that to all the folk playing the usual games. I can't see how anyone can claim to be the fans' voice when they don't make themselves known to the people they claim to speak for.

Hi Frankie , I agree 100% , I feel like I have a pretty good insight into club1872 , however these resignations appear to be unsubstantiated anywhere other than forums and Twitter so I'm taking them with a pinch of salt , and as for the fans voice group , they should make themselves visible , all the cloak and dagger stuff helps no one .

Couldn’t care less who RFV is but they contacted the reg who made 1872 backtrack.

As for the working party resigning en masse,cg just happened to be passing through swanning about like he owns Ibrox

Sounds to me like someone has an axe to grind against CG.

Calscots you are correct in your understanding of life memberships . However where this is getting murky is that myself and 899 other RF members bought life memberships because we were told they were transferable upon our deaths , however we were never told that this form of membership was against CIC rules , we were never told we had to include these memberships into our "wills" and we were never told we would need to inform either RF or club1872 who this person was .

As Union says above , initially these memberships which were transferred over to club1872 were going to cease with the member , there has been a 180 degree u turn on this and some amount of bull shitting to say that they were always going to be honoured , however no where in the articles does it mention this .

I'm pretty sure that not everyone bought them for that sole reason. Many of those life members would have bought them even in the event that they expired upon death.

It may be unpalatable - but, as Frankie says, offering them as heritable stunts the potential growth in membership in future. For the good of the club, I personally wouldn't have an issue with the membership expiring upon death.

Not wanting to get into any sides, but I agree with Frankie, "Life membership" surely means non transferable for one person for the rest of their life, which ends after death. It's not "transferable membership in perpetuity". It's what it says on the tin.

I think they are mixing it up with buying shares which you could hand over. I agree totally you can't inherit a life membership. I would say if it is for your kids then you should buy your own shares.

I'm pretty sure that not everyone bought them for that sole reason. Many of those life members would have bought them even in the event that they expired upon death.

It may be unpalatable - but, as Frankie says, offering them as heritable stunts the potential growth in membership in future. For the good of the club, I personally wouldn't have an issue with the membership expiring upon death.

Cheers craig i always like it when other people make decisions on things that dont effect them directly Edited by rbr

Cheers craig i always like it when other people make decisions on things that dont effect them directly

Eh ?

What decision am I making ?

I am of the opinion that these being memberships being heritable will dilute the possibility of new memberships over time - surely the end goal here is to have as large a membership as possible ?

Did you honestly purchase the life membership just because someone could inherit the membership ? That is obviously your prerogative but the purchasing of the life membership, IMHO, should be about the aims and goals of the organization in the first instance. Heritability of the membership should, again IMHO so not me making a decision, be almost an after-thought.

How do you know that I don't have a life membership and that this actually DOES affect me directly ?

If you do i apologise , however as im a betting man i would wager you dont have a life membership .

whether these should or shouldnt have been sold is not the issue , its whether the terms of the agreement between a supporters org and a fan should be honoured , it really is that simple , oh abd finally just to point out , its the club secretary whos at the heart of this mess , yet again .