Tonight's Club1872 meeting with the MD

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying and realise the difficulties that appointing a single representative from C1872 would create. However, this is now a big shareholding and will be likely to grow in the near future (depending on the CoS outcome re King on Thursday and Friday). Why could we not employ an independent individual with no ties to either C1872 or the club? Plenty of competent individuals with the necessary qualifications, to attend say 4 board meetings per annum.

one thing this club desperately needs is more non exec directors

I'm not a member of Club1872 but I can't help wondering why a 10% shareholder is asking for a seat on the board, instead of demanding it and instigating a vigorous publicity campaign to ensure it gets that seat. However, if you place more value on maintaining a cosy relationship ....

Edited by Bill

I'm not a member of Club1872 but I can't help wondering why a 10% shareholder is asking for a seat on the board, instead of demanding it and instigating a vigorous publicity campaign to ensure it gets that seat. However, if you place more value on maintaining a cosy relationship ....
Its easy for the club to deny this request as club1872 is still imho finding its feet and its true purpose , however in the coming months , possibly year it will flex more influence , thats my hope anyway

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying and realise the difficulties that appointing a single representative from C1872 would create. However, this is now a big shareholding and will be likely to grow in the near future (depending on the CoS outcome re King on Thursday and Friday). Why could we not employ an independent individual with no ties to either C1872 or the club? Plenty of competent individuals with the necessary qualifications, to attend say 4 board meetings per annum.

I dont see the difference between an "independant" C1872 appointee or one of the C1872 board who attends on behalf of C1872 - they are still not going to be able to report back to the membership what was said. In some cases they may not even be allowed to report back to the C1872 board, although I would hope that would never become an issue.

A C1872 rep on the main club board can only be a good thing if the C1872 board has enough good board members who are not there for the blazers but there to genuinely represent the members and are not afraid to hold the club board to account for answers to the questions the membership are deeply concerned about. The issue then becomes how to gain enough trust from the membership to the C1872 board that they are doing this and getting something done when there is a cloak of confidentiality thrown about everywhere.

It is a very difficult situation to try to get absolutely right.

I would add that it seems clear that C1872 is somewhat "owned" by the club at the moment via the Club Secretary being also allowed to remain on the C1872 board, which I hope is rectified at the next election. It is clear his first priority is to the club, which is fine, but his placement on C1872 is there to keep them in check, which is far from acceptable IMO.

To be fair both laura and joanne have regular meetings with the club on club1872 s behalf

Oh, I know mate that both girls work very hard and have done for a long time.

What I'm pointing at is, I fail to see what the manager or DOF offer towards the guys investing in the club. I'd rather L & J were meeting the secretary or directors for information on where the CLUB were heading instead of how the team are doing - which we can all see with our own eyes.

one further thing that was said by SR last night was due to the changes in C/L from next year , getting to the group stages of the Europa league would be worth £10million per team minimum

I happen to agree 100% , when the question of a seat on the board for club1872 was raised the answer was " well last year it was all about independence so i dont see why there is a turnabout in attitude now " .

What he fails to understand is that there is a massive difference between a clear Conflict of interest of a club1872 board member and a club1872 member having a seat on the board , however its pretty clear this is the route they will go down to fend this subject off .

As a member of C1872 I have to say we as a major shareholder, second largest so we are told, that we are far to subservient to the club. We need to be much bolder and assertive in our dealings with the club. When we want something done we should not have to go cap-in-hand through various channels, we should be raising it a board level from our man on the board, we shouldn't take no for an answer, have we learnt nothing in the last five years?

As a member of C1872 I have to say we as a major shareholder, second largest so we are told, that we are far to subservient to the club. We need to be much bolder and assertive in our dealings with the club. When we want something done we should not have to go cap-in-hand through various channels, we should be raising it a board level from our man on the board, we shouldn't take no for an answer, have we learnt nothing in the last five years?

I whole heartedly agree , but I would counter by saying we are still a fledgling organization whom like the club have been through our own trial and tribulations , a small period of bedding in wont do us any harm imho

I whole heartedly agree , but I would counter by saying we are still a fledgling organization whom like the club have been through our own trial and tribulations , a small period of bedding in wont do us any harm imho

The C1872 e-mails are now out encouraging applications for board positions within the organisation, we can only hope that the we get the calbre of men and women with the courage to be assertive and bold in our dealing with the club. Obviously after a short period of orientation and bedding in at C1872.

Is the aim of C1872 fan ownership ? I vaguely remember someone on the club board saying that 20% (?) of shares should be taken up by fans. I asked at the time why it was limited to that and no one seemed to know.

I was a shareholder through the RST before the old company went tits up but I want to make it clear I am not a member of C1872 but thought I'd ask anyway because I believe fan ownership is a must for our club.