Tonight's Club1872 meeting with the MD

Nothing really of any substance came out of tonight's meeting , usual bland political answers without getting patronised too much .To be fair to SR there's only so much he can say .

Possible future meetings with club1872 , possibly with the D of F and the manager , these have to be confirmed .

From Club1872 Twitter.

Thanks to all members who attended the meeting tonight and to Stewart Robertson for answering all the questions put to him.

This will be the first of many such meetings for members.

Possible future meetings with club1872 , possibly with the D of F and the manager , these have to be confirmed .

This is something that has always bothered me, not just with this group but with groups in general - what advantage is gained by fans reps in general, apart from a jolly for them in meeting with a manager or DOF ?

I want my reps talking with the guys who run the club not employees who could be bumped at any minute.

I don't want to bear Pedro or DOF telling me progress is being made with the youth team. My money is being invested in the hope I'm told what the club are using it for .

This is something that has always bothered me, not just with this group but with groups in general - what advantage is gained by fans reps in general, apart from a jolly for them in meeting with a manager or DOF ?

I want my reps talking with the guys who run the club not employees who could be bumped at any minute.

I don't want to bear Pedro or DOF telling me progress is being made with the youth team. My money is being invested in the hope I'm told what the club are using it for .

To be fair both laura and joanne have regular meetings with the club on club1872 s behalf

There is an extremely comfortable relationship between C1872 and the club, which is fine if you are merely a supporters association, but as major shareholders, there has to be a myriad of different and difficult questions being asked. C1872 should be pushing for a seat on the main board. As the second largest shareholder, I would have thought that they would be entitled to a position at the big table in any event. Perhaps time to pursue this with more vigour.

I understand that SR cannot respond fully to questions in an open forum, but the normal bland, generic answers are really just a waste of time. If C1872 is asking about standing room for supporters, don't say that a supplier has been commissioned to investigate. Provide some evidence of the appointment and the expected due date for completion. If C1872 is asking about Celtic's allocation at Ibrox, don't say that it is 'out of our hands, as it is a requirement for a safety licence'; then provide proof in writing from the relevant authority. Why can't we receive chapter and verse on the role of L5, rather than they provide support to SR. 3rd kit launch, why no fanfare. Just because Puma and Sports Direct are responsible for this, why did the club not have little teasers running on the official website? Bear in mind that half the profit from the sale now goes to the club and could mean the difference between buying someone in January or having to wait until the next transfer window. Our marketing is shocking. Why can't he share the strategy for on-going financing of the club? Why is it a secret if there is to be a new share offering following the AGM? Why cant we receive some feedback in respect of King's thinking regarding the TAB?

I am sure that you had to be there to get it in context, but unless C1872 has a seat on the main board, it cannot really drill down and interrogate the directors and help steer the club in the general direction as envisaged by the paying fan.

Listen, I am a big King/3B/Park fan boy, and think that they have stabilised the club to a large extent, but I also feel that we are rapidly approaching an era of Murray-esque proportions, whereby, the punter is totally left in the dark. Meetings such as last night's really do not satisfy the itch!

There is an extremely comfortable relationship between C1872 and the club, which is fine if you are merely a supporters association, but as major shareholders, there has to be a myriad of different and difficult questions being asked. C1872 should be pushing for a seat on the main board. As the second largest shareholder, I would have thought that they would be entitled to a position at the big table in any event. Perhaps time to pursue this with more vigour.

I understand that SR cannot respond fully to questions in an open forum, but the normal bland, generic answers are really just a waste of time. If C1872 is asking about standing room for supporters, don't say that a supplier has been commissioned to investigate. Provide some evidence of the appointment and the expected due date for completion. If C1872 is asking about Celtic's allocation at Ibrox, don't say that it is 'out of our hands, as it is a requirement for a safety licence'; then provide proof in writing from the relevant authority. Why can't we receive chapter and verse on the role of L5, rather than they provide support to SR. 3rd kit launch, why no fanfare. Just because Puma and Sports Direct are responsible for this, why did the club not have little teasers running on the official website? Bear in mind that half the profit from the sale now goes to the club and could mean the difference between buying someone in January or having to wait until the next transfer window. Our marketing is shocking. Why can't he share the strategy for on-going financing of the club? Why is it a secret if there is to be a new share offering following the AGM? Why cant we receive some feedback in respect of King's thinking regarding the TAB?

I am sure that you had to be there to get it in context, but unless C1872 has a seat on the main board, it cannot really drill down and interrogate the directors and help steer the club in the general direction as envisaged by the paying fan.

Listen, I am a big King/3B/Park fan boy, and think that they have stabilised the club to a large extent, but I also feel that we are rapidly approaching an era of Murray-esque proportions, whereby, the punter is totally left in the dark. Meetings such as last night's really do not satisfy the itch!

I happen to agree 100% , when the question of a seat on the board for club1872 was raised the answer was " well last year it was all about independence so i dont see why there is a turnabout in attitude now " .

What he fails to understand is that there is a massive difference between a clear Conflict of interest of a club1872 board member and a club1872 member having a seat on the board , however its pretty clear this is the route they will go down to fend this subject off .

The thing with a supporter on the board is that it could in many cases throw up a conflict of interest as many boardroom decisions need to be kept secret. It is also possible you could have to take a vote that is in the best interest of the club but not for the supporters group Then there is also the jealousy within the group, we all know a board representative will be sniped at and shot down from every corner. If you look at the Dutch government, they have a 4 party coalition but only one party leader(the prime minister) wants to be on the government as they can best lead their own parties from the parliament benches. Putting a member on the board does have a lot of negatives and I would even say it is better as it is to stay as a group and try and steer as a unit rather than give one member so much power.

The thing with a supporter on the board is that it could in many cases throw up a conflict of interest as many boardroom decisions need to be kept secret. It is also possible you could have to take a vote that is in the best interest of the club but not for the supporters group Then there is also the jealousy within the group, we all know a board representative will be sniped at and shot down from every corner. If you look at the Dutch government, they have a 4 party coalition but only one party leader(the prime minister) wants to be on the government as they can best lead their own parties from the parliament benches. Putting a member on the board does have a lot of negatives and I would even say it is better as it is to stay as a group and try and steer as a unit rather than give one member so much power.

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying and realise the difficulties that appointing a single representative from C1872 would create. However, this is now a big shareholding and will be likely to grow in the near future (depending on the CoS outcome re King on Thursday and Friday). Why could we not employ an independent individual with no ties to either C1872 or the club? Plenty of competent individuals with the necessary qualifications, to attend say 4 board meetings per annum.