I can remember us singing “go home ya Huns” in the early 60’s onwards. I can also remember us singing it against German teams way back then. Other clubs fans also sang it, could it be that we just stopped and the Tim’s continued and overvtime they have used it to try an insult us?

I can remember us singing “go home ya Huns” in the early 60’s onwards. I can also remember us singing it against German teams way back then. Other clubs fans also sang it, could it be that we just stopped and the Tim’s continued and overvtime they have used it to try an insult us?

If there was a point in time I'd me more inclined to say it stemmed from would probably be around the Bogside incident 1969 although in saying that I certainly don't remember them using it till at least 1970-1 perhaps slightly later.

You've been shown in countless posts in this very thread where the chant from a football fan perspective originates and where the change in use of the word originates yet you maintain that no one can tell you why its now our 'badge'...thats quite a stretch and also quite odd.

Where did you get the information or rather what was the source that lead you to believe that Rangers fans were Huns because the Royal family are of German decent?

As I said on a few occasions that was my understanding,and I disagree completely nobody has given a definitive reason on when or why they stopped being the Huns-

,and we became the Huns.

I have seen the description of Huns as in the warriors of long ago, I have read about some graffiti in Northern Ireland but nobody has explained why we are now known as Huns.

Unless I have missed a post you can direct me to.

I

Edited by Barrheadboy

As I said on a few occasions that was my understanding,and I disagree completely nobody has given a definitive reason on when or why they stopped being the Huns-

,and we became the Huns.

I have seen the description of Huns as in the warriors of long ago, I have read about some graffiti in Northern Ireland but nobody has explained why we are now known as Huns.

I

the answer is very simple and a very Scottish affliction that has riddled Presbyterianism and our support for some time now and certainly since murray bought the club on tick,it’s called apathy/appeasment a very bad mixture.

murray waving his blank piece of paper that was from uefa to ban the billy boys, you couldn’t make it up because you don’t have to.

,and we became the Huns.

I

You have been given various possibilities. I doubt anyone can say definitively why. We aren't Irish republicans and we aren't Celtic fans, so probably we aren't the correct people to be asking. Saying that, I doubt that either of these groups could give a definitive answer either.

I could give you more of my thoughts on the subject, but seems pointless as you aren't willing to accept anything other than a definitive answer, something that nobody is able to give.

,and we became the Huns.

I

I asked you where you sourced the information that the term Hun came to be used by Celtic supporters, or anyone else for that matter, because of the Royal family hereditary connexion to Germany. This if I'm not mistaken is your main premise in the original post and therefore is of significant importance.

I asked you where you sourced the information that the term Hun came to be used by Celtic supporters, or anyone else for that matter, because of the Royal family hereditary connexion to Germany. This if I'm not mistaken is your main premise in the original post and therefore is of significant importance.

No not my premise at all, I only assumed as I can think of no other explanation ,nor can anyone else,so therefore it seems my earliest thoughts are confirmed we are to be offended and call it sectarian ,because we’ll just because ,however we do not know why we are offended ,nor whyit is sectarian.

To date and ask why nobody knows why it is sectarian or hy we are offended makes me suspicious or an enemy of the team I have supported my entire life.

Some of the replies to why are we now called Huns has resulted in we must sing Rule Britannia it chases away the SNP

A guy I know ,knows another guy that once saw some graffiti in Belfast saying Huns.

Yet some of you think I am being obtuse

The use of commas there is very bizarre.

'Hun' is a daft word which is rather meaningless. Call me what you want. I don't want a united Ireland, I support Rangers and I despise Scottish nationalists...call me whatever names you want. Sticks and stones...