Club Statement

If it is a money thing then it is just that McInnes is not worth paying 1.5 million or even 800.000 pounds for. I honestly don't believe that the Rangers board has been sitting on their hands the last 2 weeks. I do think Rangers have pulsed Aberdeen but have now given up on any deal being done. Nothing to do with not having money but just that McInnes is not worth that much against other candidates we can get for nothing. We will see what the next few weeks throw up.

I too was thinking that it may very well be the case that the money they're asking to release McInnes combined with whatever his wage would be might be enough to pay a far better quality candidate who would come for free. Scottish football clubs are falling into a habit of biting off their own noses to spite their faces when it comes to dealing with Rangers.

If the above were an accurate assessment the sheep may find themselves with a bitter man in charge of their team who may never get such an opportunity again and who will blame them for depriving him of what may be a once in a lifetime chance. Hearts have done exactly the same thing with Walker.

Could it be that they are waiting till the end of next week because their pick is Michael O'Neil who will be available once NI are eliminated in the WCQ?????

I have no info, just speculating on a boring Saturday afternoon with no footy!

i suspect Michael O'Neil is lined up for the Scotland job.....which is why Reagan ruled out Malky

Let’s be honest this is embarrassing. If we can’t afford McInnes then we clearly can’t afford anyone better either. Why not just announce Murty is there till the end of the season, and see how he does. Rangers should never be waiting for ‘applications’ or conducting ‘interviews’ the manager should be head-hunted. If we had a chief executive who had a clue, he would have an idea who he was appointing before he sacked the previous incumbent. The board took an eternity to appoint Caixinha & he was a disaster. This board seem incapable of any action unless Dave King is in the country & it’s not good enough that he rarely is. Should be a vote of no confidence at the AGM. Maybe they’re waiting for McInnes to resign but even then it’s a complete shambles!

Where does it say anywhere we cannot afford McInnes?

The Chief Executive doesn’t do the head hunting what are you going on about?

A vote of no confidence really?

You sure you are a Rangers fan ,or are you just here to troll ?

Leave him to whinge, some people are not happy unless they are unhappy!

Fully agree, no one from the club has ever said they can't afford McInnes only the moon howlers have said that. In fact no one has ever even said McInnes was in the running. Only the mhedia said that. And with reports of 150 applicants being bandied around if that were true it would take weeks just to sift through that examine their credentials then filter out the also rans to build a short list.

As for a vote of no confidence in the board that's ridiculous. Who in the world would be ready and able to replace them? Keep that up and they may decide to give the ungrateful their desires by resigning en masse leaving it to whichever Whyte clone rolls up next. Though I believe them to be enough of Rangers men to stick it out rather than do that.

As it stands I'm content some time is being taken over this to hopefully get it right by bringing in a man who will be at the helm for at least a few years rather than this constant revolving door management leaving us having to rebuild season upon season.

A needed £4 million loan £16 million of debt and Pedro’s pay off answers your first question,perhaps reality will one day dawn on you.