Alves was injured.

However, the decision to include Kranjcar ahead of Pena is difficult to understand. Pena hasn't been great but he's a £2.5m asset whilst Niko (ice guy that he is) is done and leaving soon.

Why on earth does Murty think it best to select Niko? Worse, why does the DoF agree with it?

Yeah, I doubt he'd have started but, to be honest, I' not sure did deserve to anyway.

Wilson wasn't great today (particularly at the 2nd goal) but Alves hasn't been anywhere near as solid as I thought he would be either.

The worst enemy that is out there is the lack of information. For you end up with all sorts of conjecture, half-conjecture, and assumptions. And in this day and age, even the official version is being questioned and put behind conjecture, half-conjecture, and assumptions. Just see what is being murmured about Alves ... and Murty is getting FLAK based on that. But hey, let's whip up a few more theories ... and you can bet your bottom pound that they will all be negative ones.

I think Pena was part of the reason Pedro got the bullet. The guy did not look the part.

Agreed.

But surely he offers more than Niko? In fact I think he's proved his does in the short cameos he's had.

I also think Herrera has been hard done by who showed up again reasonably well today and deserves a run.

Agreed.

But surely he offers more than Niko? In fact I think he's proved his does in the short cameos he's had.

I also think Herrera has been hard done by who showed up again reasonably well today and deserves a run.

It's all down to the next manager, Murty seems to be going with Kenny Miller.