Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Unfortunately, all this talk of politics is clouding the issue. The original question was around honest mistakes or something sinister. I think we had very good 'evidence' of something sinister from the ref at the Hibs game. Surely the question is then about how far does this go. Seriously, is there anyone that has another example of our team being victimised by referees? As I've said, this is the only example I have where it was obvious that there was something sinister rather than poor performance by the ref. Are there any others?

The lack of action against multiple offenses by other teams, their fans or coaches where under similar circumstances Rangers gets punished indicate to me its more of a sinister agenda than just refs 'adjusting' outcomes of our games.

Motherwell fans, Hibs semi final and the Lennon up yours gyrations are just three examples of incredibly unjust outcomes that everyone here would agree would have resulted in much more severe punishments had they been Rangers fans. Add on the Beaton beating early in the season and multiple shady refereeing jobs since and you can see a pattern.

What's the saying? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

The lack of action against multiple offenses by other teams, their fans or coaches where under similar circumstances Rangers gets punished indicate to me its more of a sinister agenda than just refs 'adjusting' outcomes of our games.

Motherwell fans, Hibs semi final and the Lennon up yours gyrations are just three examples of incredibly unjust outcomes that everyone here would agree would have resulted in much more severe punishments had they been Rangers fans. Add on the Beaton beating early in the season and multiple shady refereeing jobs since and you can see a pattern.

What's the saying? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

I seem to recall that the Motherwell and Hibs fans' attacks were a legal matter that the SPL and SFA had no authority to act on. That seemed bizarre to me. However, the Lennon gesture v the Halliday gesture was another example of a complete injustice. Once again however, the reason they said they couldn't act was because the referee opined at the time. For me this rule is utter nonsense and needs to change.

I seem to recall that the Motherwell and Hibs fans' attacks were a legal matter that the SPL and SFA had no authority to act on. That seemed bizarre to me. However, the Lennon gesture v the Halliday gesture was another example of a complete injustice. Once again however, the reason they said they couldn't act was because the referee opined at the time. For me this rule is utter nonsense and needs to change.

Rules can be good, bad or indifferent but as you touch upon, it's the lack of consistency in there application that tends to be the bugbear. The inevitable truth is that you will always get inconsistencies and it's only if there is a distinct and consistent pattern in these wrt individuals and/or teams, that there is a real issue.

The case you cite is IMO a good example. Over a number of years, Lennon has been treated much more leniently than the great majority and he has taken advantage of that. It has been with two different clubs and that points to the individual or surrounding issues to be the reason for this.

There was celtic and legal representation bringing pressure to bear for issues around the referees strike.

There was/is the media bringing pressure to bear before and after certain events, (eg.Tynecastle attack on NL).

He now has a 'mitigation card' to play and when issues arise, the SFA are pretty much scared to fully apply the rules/punishments in a way they probably would with another individual.

Edited by buster.