Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

why is there considerably more Aberdeen fans than rangers (7x more Ceptic, 6x more Aberdeen).....maybe the polling company are in on the conspiracy and only got specific people to respond??

Why is there only one Rangers fan? You keep ignoring that. Out of the general population that is a vastly lower number than expected, especially when related to other clubs. Could it be even more of an indication that Glasgow’s politics are geared towards a certain persuasion?

Edited by StuGers

There are posters falling over themselves in this thread to demonstrate how staunch they are, how British they are and how loyal they are to the UK.

Thats fine, there is nothing wrong with that, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However we've heard how Rangers are a loyalist pro unionist club, apropos of absolutely nothing, other than having many supporters who are loyalist and pro union. We've also been told that since the majority of our support are WASP that its more or less irrelevant that a section of our support are of varying ethnicities and creeds.

I've been supporting Rangers for more than half a century, in actual fact its 54 years to be exact, and I've seen good and bad times with my club. I've stood, latterly sat, on the same terraces these posters have with many different types of people of varying ethnicity and creeds some of them were even women (shock shock horror!) The one thing that united us all was our love for the team in blue, we were ALL Rangers supporters. It never once crossed my mind if David, Margaret, Jamel, Sageer or ANY OTHER next to me were male, female, gay, straight, Jewish, Muslim, Presbyterian, Loyalist or Unionist. It was irrelevant to me because we were ALL Rangers supporters.

Yet here we are in this thread relating to 'the nature of refereeing decisions' debating these political issues were some of the comments in this thread are more or less attempting to rob both me and future generations of Rangers supporters of the very same Rangers mission statement that I was brought up to believe in that as a club and a collective we were 'INCLUSIVE' open to ALL!

I don’t think there is - I am seeing the opposite to be honest - people denying Rangers as a club has certain connotations of a political skew. I’m not saying that anything anti-union is not welcome but no one can deny that you will see mostly Union Flags at Ibrox. However there are some on here ignoring that. And certainly no-one is saying that women or those of different ethnicities are welcome at Ibrox. The more the merrier. I’ve got a few South Asian friends who frequent Ibrox and are more passionate than me.

Again you are avoiding the question - Why is there only one Rangers fan? You keep ignoring that.

The best answer I can give is that out of the 50-add who replied, only one of them was a Gers fan. The survey tells us nothing else....

I've been supporting Rangers for more than half a century, in actual fact its 54 years to be exact, and I've seen good and bad times with my club. I've stood, latterly sat, on the same terraces these posters have with many different types of people of varying ethnicity and creeds some of them were even women (shock shock horror!) The one thing that united us all was our love for the team in blue, we were ALL Rangers supporters. It never once crossed my mind if David, Margaret, Jamel, Sageer or ANY OTHER next to me were male, female, gay, straight, Jewish, Muslim, Presbyterian, Loyalist or Unionist. It was irrelevant to me because we were ALL Rangers supporters.

When I was in a supporters club, we had people of different religions, colours and sexual orientations but in addition to us being Rangers fans, the one thing we had was that we were all unionists.

Likewise the people that sit around me. In addition to talking about football we talk politics and we are all like-minded when it comes to the independence issue.

Obviously there are some nationalists in our support but, rightly or wrongly, being with like-minded people on non-footballing issues adds to part of my enjoyment of the day.

Edited by Bluedell

When I was in a supporters club, we had people of different religions, colours and sexual orientations but in addition to us being Rangers fans, the one thing we had was that we were all unionists.

Likewise the people that sit around me. In addition to talking about football we talk politics and we are all like-minded when it comes to the independence issue.

Obviously there are some nationalists in our support but, rightly or wrongly, being with like-minded people on non-footballing issues adds to part of my enjoyment of the day.

Since some on here don't necessarily share your views on non-footballing issues, are we ruining your enjoyment on the forums? But seriously, I think you are right. I enjoy having debates with people of differing views, but I equally enjoy being in the company of like minded people. One thing we are all like minded about is the success of our team. The other stuff is something we just have to accept is non-football related. As such, Frankie suggested we keep that for the off topic forum. Is it possible to get back to the debate on here about refs?

Edited by Gaffer

The world will still view it as 'Scotch'. I'm more aggrieved at the price hike recently announced by nanny state SNP.

Price hikes are almost everywhere. In Holland the VAT on food is going from 6 to 9% and last year the top VAT went from 19 to 21%. They have promised lower income-tax but only the well paid will really benefit from that. Given that the oil price is again in the lift and Electric and gas are going to be far more expensive to cover the costs of the Paris Climate agreement. Health care insurance is hiked almost every year then we are certainly going to have to tighten our belts.

If fans or even large groups of fans in the support want to lean one way or another it’s up to them but like stu I’ve supported Rangers for over 50 years and no one will tell me what to think or believe. I know plenty of fans who think the same. In days where you see more kids with Barca, PSG, Arsenal or Chelsea tops running around Scottish streets the last thing we can afford to do is abandon inclusivity or make people who do not share a specific ideaology feel unwelcome.

As for why so few Rangers fans appear in a survey you would have to ask the people who compiled it but certainly here in Edinburgh I come across a lot more Rangers fans than you would think. Most tend to keep a low profile and I think that is because they feel that if they project a strong support for the club folk will assume they are bigots and they can’t be bothered with having to explain they are actuall normal. There is undoubtedly a stereotyping of Rangers fans that causes this but we also have to recognise we have a history of exclusion which we have combatted hard against for years but which still sticks to us and we need to keep building on the good work to make ourselves more attractive for people to support.

You only have to listen to some songs on the subway for example to know that we do have a group of fans who continue to damage our reputation.

You only have to listen to some songs on the subway for example to know that we do have a group of fans who continue to damage our reputation.

Out of interest, if they cleaned up the lyrics but kept the meaning and intent of those songs, would you still feel embarrassed?

The best answer I can give is that out of the 50-add who replied, only one of them was a Gers fan. The survey tells us nothing else....

If you don’t think that’s strange or indicates some other underlying trend then that’s up to you.

If you don’t think that’s strange or indicates some other underlying trend then that’s up to you.

All depends on who replied to the questions.....the process could be re-run & a completely different set of results obtained.

One thing I would say is that the majority of those questioned have no interest in football, therefore why would they go out of their way to "punish" Rangers??? Part of the discussion here is that the victimisation of our club/players stems from the Govt, passing on their views down the chain & actively trying to work against the club.....but I've yet to see ANY evidence that supports that theory.

I would say that there is plenty circumstantial evidence to suggest that influence & agendas are being pushed within the footballing bodies, but I don't believe it goes any further than that.