Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

So the fact that there is just one Rangers supporting MSP is just a statistical anomaly?

I actually don't believe there are many MSPs who actually support a team. It's like Tony Blair being confused with West Ham and Aston Villa when asked who his team was. How many of them actually go to games? I don't think many.

I actually couldn't care less either. I just want the politicians to get on with their job, which for me has nothing to do with my team.

As for the "cultural" side of things .... Rather than using vague words like that, why not call it what it actually is?

All Bears call it that. You can call it something else if you want - freedom of speech and all that. Feel free to call fellow Bears sectarian bigots if you want.

So the fact that there is just one Rangers supporting MSP is just a statistical anomaly?

That you know of.....unless of course you have canvassed ALL MSP, from ALL parties.

Going by some of the logic on here, all Tories & probably Labour (being Red Tories) should support Rangers, everyone else supports Ceptic. Yet according to the statement above, there is only ONE Rangers supporting MSP - I thought the Tories being Unionists would fit straight into the Rangers supporting mould???

I actually don't believe there are many MSPs who actually support a team. It's like Tony Blair being confused with West Ham and Aston Villa when asked who his team was. How many of them actually go to games? I don't think many.

I actually couldn't care less either. I just want the politicians to get on with their job, which for me has nothing to do with my team.

So if that’s the case, what encouraged the overwhelming majority of those answered to say they supported Celtic? If they have no interest in football, why did they give that answer. That is even more sinister if that’s the case.

That you know of.....unless of course you have canvassed ALL MSP, from ALL parties.

Going by some of the logic on here, all Tories & probably Labour (being Red Tories) should support Rangers, everyone else supports Ceptic. Yet according to the statement above, there is only ONE Rangers supporting MSP - I thought the Tories being Unionists would fit straight into the Rangers supporting mould???

You are purposefully skirting the point. The basic question is - why do the majority of MSPs support (or say they support) Celtic and only 1 says they support Rangers? What is the reason behind this as it is a statistical anomaly (of which there are a fair few strange ones in Scottish politics today).

I can assure you most Scottish MSP’s are quite different and are aware of exactly what is going on. In our parochial country and political environment it would be a dereliction of duty not to do so. Politics, Football and Religion have been integral to Scottish life since the lights went on (and before).

Edited by cooponthewing

You are purposefully skirting the point. The basic question is - why do the majority of MSPs support (or say they support) Celtic and only 1 says they support Rangers? What is the reason behind this as it is a statistical anomaly (of which there are a fair few strange ones in Scottish politics today).

Please allow me to answer this, IMO it is very obvious why, it would inhibit there career in Scottish politics if they openly declared their love for Rangers.

All Bears call it that. You can call it something else if you want - freedom of speech and all that. Feel free to call fellow Bears sectarian bigots if you want.

There you go again, suggesting that "all bears" call it that. I don't, and I certainly don't call any of my fellow bears anything like that. You're trying to lump us all together in things that we can't be united on. Why not just accept that we are all united in supporting our team. The other stuff is where we diverge and have our own beliefs. That's fine, and in most cases it's healthy to have differing views on other matters. Is it not?