Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

So why is it we are so hated if it is nothing to do with politics or religion?

Let's bear in mind, we haven't won a major trophy in six years.

We live in a nasty wee country where envy, hatred & division is a big part of their upbringing for some people.

It’s also associated with politics and religion. It has all been magnified due to nationalism and the referendum.

While it adds up to the same outcome, I always felt the nationalists were determined to secure the traditional Irish/catholic bloc vote from Labour and pursuing the deliberate damaging of Rangers was seen as an excellent way to create a feel-good factor among their target audience. Political strategy often hinges on pandering to the lowest common denominator in society and you don't get much lower than the tribal swarm that holds the Parkhead club to its heart.

There's no doubt in my mind that the SNP has quietly facilitated the ongoing campaign to damage/discredit Rangers and demoralise large parts of its support. Which is why I find it so hard to see Rangers supporters giving their vote to the SNP, particularly when its patently obvious that shower of shit doesn't have two good ideas to bang together and will never deliver independence.

While it adds up to the same outcome, I always felt the nationalists were determined to secure the traditional Irish/catholic bloc vote from Labour and pursuing the deliberate damaging of Rangers was seen as an excellent way to create a feel-good factor among their target audience. Political strategy often hinges on pandering to the lowest common denominator in society and you don't get much lower than the tribal swarm that holds the Parkhead club to its heart.

There's no doubt in my mind that the SNP has quietly facilitated the ongoing campaign to damage/discredit Rangers and demoralise large parts of its support. Which is why I find it so hard to see Rangers supporters giving their vote to the SNP, particularly when its patently obvious that shower of shit doesn't have two good ideas to bang together and will never deliver independence.

so...as a paid up member of the SNP & ardent supporter of an Independent Scotland, am I not allowed to support Rangers???

What hard/factual evidence is there that the SNP (the group, not an individual) are actively trying to damage Rangers FC???

Did you see Salmond and the transport minister in the yahoo slophouse, Darther? They all want to break up the UK.

Side with the enemy all you want but don't expect the rest of us to let it pass without comment.

so...as a paid up member of the SNP & ardent supporter of an Independent Scotland, am I not allowed to support Rangers???

What hard/factual evidence is there that the SNP (the group, not an individual) are actively trying to damage Rangers FC???

To destroy a culture you first start by destroying its institutions.

Rangers are a very large institution, especially for the PUL community.

If a government does not succour a large institution when it is in trouble, a person could take the view that said government is actively seeking to harm said institution.

I just don't see politics having anything to do with Rangers. I've no doubt there will be political issues ongoing within the SFA, SPL, etc, but not in the mainstream political arena. I don't think any of them care one bit about football in general.

We have a huge support from all backgrounds, religions and cultures. I think it's fair to say that every political party will be voted for by a section of our support. I see that as a good thing. Equally you'll have supporters with strong views one way or another on independence, climate change, BrExit, and other issues. We are not all the same, so to characterise our club as being political one way or another is not something that I accept. We are a football club. We've got enough enemies in the game without creating divisions in our own support.