Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

And yet you said StuGers post was mince ?

That is just nonsense

Agreed. How many people voted to stay in the Union vs how many people are in the OO? I would imagine as a proportion of the population, those in the OO will be very low. I don’t even know a single person in it!

They put their titles IIRC. Big advert in the papers at the time, with a list of prominent people putting their names to it.

I think that's more about saying who they are than representing the club.

So do you think King and Caixinha would have done the same and if not, has the club moved on and that's all in the past?

Singing loyalist songs doesn't mean you're a supporter of the OO....

While that is correct, does the "sash bash" part not suggest there is some kind of strong connection somewhere?

I would also say singing loyalist or unionist songs doesn't necessarily mean you're a supporter of the union or the royal family.

Just as identifying as a "proddy", doesn't mean you believe in a certain god, are an active member of a protestant church, or even know much about it.

As has been said to defend it, "it's just a bit of rivalry banter"...

Agreed. How many people voted to stay in the Union vs how many people are in the OO? I would imagine as a proportion of the population, those in the OO will be very low. I don’t even know a single person in it!

How many members of the Scottish Unionist Party do you know? I think voting to stay can be distinct from being an active unionist, just like deciding to not get divorced for the sake of the kids, doesn't mean you love your spouse.

But I think you're arguing that a lot of the political and religious stuff our fans sing, isn't actually real.

In order to substantiate that, you would need to show that the current batch of Refs (main point of discussion in this thread), are Anti-Union & Anti-protestant. In the case of Ryan Jack, is he being targeted because of his Unionist or religious views, coz it didn't appear to be an issue when he was @ Aberdeen??? Do you honestly believe that the Ref's 1st thoughts are about religion, or nationalism, when deciding about a red car???

When you look at the wide picture in Scottish football, all clubs fans seem to be complaining about the poor standard of refereeing.....the general standard is terrible.

No one is saying that the referees have any problems with individual players. They certainly have a problem with out club though.

They are being influence by something. The example you try and twist is in fact the perfect example. So when Jack is carded more times in 4 months playing for Rangers is it because a) He becomes a dirty player playing for Rangers or b) he is being treated differently as a Rangers player.

I find it hard to believe anything else other than b) due to the large probablility that he has been unlucky and got red cards at a rate of over 14 tines than when he played for Aberdeen.

So the question is; why are we being referees to a different basis? Is it;

A) the referees personally hate Rangers?

B) the referees are being influence by their bosses?

C) the referees are strangely but randomly giving decisions in error against us?

D) they are being influence by the press and their reaction to anything pro-Rangers / anti-Celtic?

E) they are being paid by a third party to influence matches?

I’m not sure what one it is but I don’t think it’s C).

I think that's more about saying who they are than representing the club.

So do you think King and Caixinha would have done the same and if not, has the club moved on and that's all in the past?

If you use your title and your employer, you're representing the club/company that you're employed by. That's standard.

If I was putting my name to anything political, I'd make sure that my title and employer were nowhere near it.

As for the King/Caixinha question, I doubt it, particularly as neither are presumably able to vote. However the post I was originally replying to was suggesting that Rangers had never had any involvement in unionism, and I firmly believe that to be incorrect.

Edited by Bluedell

How many members of the Scottish Unionist Party do you know? I think voting to stay can be distinct from being an active unionist, just like deciding to not get divorced for the sake of the kids, doesn't mean you love your spouse.

But I think you're arguing that a lot of the political and religious stuff our fans sing, isn't actually real.

None. But you don’t have to be a part of the Unionist party to be pro-Union.

None. But you don’t have to be a part of the Unionist party to be pro-Union.

I agree, but I think that pro-union is distinct from unionist. For example, how many of the people who voted no, regularly sing unionist songs? (not that that is necessary but it's the type of behaviour we're talking about here.)

I never said that unionists or all Gers fans were part of the OO.....just that the OO influence has had an effect over the years......Remember the excitement years ago about orange strips - that wasn't in support of Holland ;)

Over the years the OO & Unionism have become associated with the club, but I would argue not through the clubs doing.

No one is saying that the referees have any problems with individual players. They certainly have a problem with out club though.

They are being influence by something. The example you try and twist is in fact the perfect example. So when Jack is carded more times in 4 months playing for Rangers is it because a) He becomes a dirty player playing for Rangers or b) he is being treated differently as a Rangers player.

I find it hard to believe anything else other than b) due to the large probablility that he has been unlucky and got red cards at a rate of over 14 tines than when he played for Aberdeen.

So the question is; why are we being referees to a different basis? Is it;

A) the referees personally hate Rangers?

B) the referees are being influence by their bosses?

C) the referees are strangely but randomly giving decisions in error against us?

D) they are being influence by the press and their reaction to anything pro-Rangers / anti-Celtic?

E) they are being paid by a third party to influence matches?

I’m not sure what one it is but I don’t think it’s C).

I actually agree with what your saying here.....and out of the 5 potential reason, none of them are based on Unions or religion.

I would say the most probably is D.....