Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Rangers to appeal Ryan Jack red card against Aberdeen

By Andrew Dickson

Last Updated: 04/12/17 2:39pm

Rangers are going to appeal Ryan Jack's red card in their 2-1 weekend win at his old club Aberdeen, according to Sky sources.The midfielder was sent off in the second half of the match at Pittodrie after a challenge with home player Stevie May.

Although the 25-year-old won the ball first, he then connected with May's ankle in the same movement and the striker went off injured soon after.

Jack has now been sent off four times for Rangers following his summer move from the Scottish Premiership runners-up.

He had only been red carded three times in his senior career prior to his switch to Ibrox, with one of those coming against his current team last season.

Jack has had two of his three previous dismissals - against Hibernian and Kilmarnock - successfully overturned on appeal.

If his red card stands on this occasion, he will serve a three-match ban and miss games this month with Ross County, Hibernian and St Johnstone.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11156425/rangers-to-appeal-ryan-jack-red-card-against-aberdeen

So why is it we are so hated if it is nothing to do with politics or religion?

Let's bear in mind, we haven't won a major trophy in six years.

Different people hate and dislike us for different reasons, including politics and religion.

I agree, but I think that pro-union is distinct from unionist. For example, how many of the people who voted no, regularly sing unionist songs? (not that that is necessary but it's the type of behaviour we're talking about here.)

I think we may be disagreeing on semantics mate. When I say Unionist, I mean pro-Union. If that’s the wrong terminology they apologies for the confusion.

I never said that unionists or all Gers fans were part of the OO.....just that the OO influence has had an effect over the years......Remember the excitement years ago about orange strips - that wasn't in support of Holland ;)

Over the years the OO & Unionism have become associated with the club, but I would argue not through the clubs doing.

Fair point that I can’t disagree with.

I actually agree with what your saying here.....and out of the 5 potential reason, none of them are based on Unions or religion.

I would say the most probably is D.....

I would argue that A, B, D and E could be based on religion or politics, based on who is actually pulling the strings.

If you're having difficulty accepting institutional bias against Rangers by referees, try instead contemplating the same accusation against media bosses and journalists. Do you think the rabid media smearing of everything Rangers is brought about by some sort of contagious medical condition ... or by tribal hatred, the same social disorder I am convinced lies at the heart of demonstrably biased refereeing.

If you're having difficulty accepting institutional bias against Rangers by referees, try instead contemplating the same accusation against media bosses and journalists. Do you think the rabid media smearing of everything Rangers is brought about by some sort of contagious medical condition ... or by tribal hatred, the same social disorder I am convinced lies at the heart of demonstrably biased refereeing.

There is definitely substance to what you saying Bill. Unfortunately there will alway be Bears who can’t see the wood for the trees. Probably a number of reasons why it’s easier for some to live in denial?

When we have sycophants on various radio stations doing their job for them it dosnt help either. I had a brief listen tonight where we have an ex Ranger agreeing that Jacks challenge was akin to “unarmed combat”. It’s easier for some just to nod their heads and pretend it’s ok.

Totally agree with you regarding tribal, political and social leanings in Scottish society. It drips into sport through the media and right now we are facing prejudicial treatment through referees on a football pitch. The deeper semantic meanings involved are much more unsavoury imo.

Edited by cooponthewing