Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Referees make their job even harder!, if they see something act on it, if not then they have to get assistance from their linesmen, they can't give a decision if they are not certain and be brave to make decisions when they do see them!, in other words just be honest!

Edited by ian1964

I don't understand why so many people find it hard to believe some refs cheat and are deliberately targeting Rangers. Why would refs be immune to such behaviour when it's all around us in this country. Sure, refs can be incompetent but don't tell me much of what we see doesn't have its feet in an anti-Rangers mentality pervading football in Scotland and actively encouraged by the political engineers of nationalism and Irish republicanism. Nothing will change until someone at Rangers has the balls to come out and call a spade a spade.

Referees make their job even harder!, if they see something act on it, if not then they have to get assistance from their linesmen, they can't give a decision if they are not certain and be brave to make decisions when they do see them!, in other words just be honest!

I wonder if the comms between the refs and linesmen are recorded, or reviewed? I very rarely see refs consulting with the linesmen. Equally though, I wonder if linesmen prefer to turn a blind eye to things so they don't receive more abuse themselves. What I'd like (and think it would help honest refs) is to have their comms broadcastable so we could hear these discussions and interactions with players, etc. We'd then hear them explain to players what they saw and why they called it as they did. Perhaps the foul language on the pitch prevents them from doing that.

I don't understand why so many people find it hard to believe some refs cheat and are deliberately targeting Rangers. Why would refs be immune to such behaviour when it's all around us in this country. Sure, refs can be incompetent but don't tell me much of what we see doesn't have its feet in an anti-Rangers mentality pervading football in Scotland and actively encouraged by the political engineers of nationalism and Irish republicanism. Nothing will change until someone at Rangers has the balls to come out and call a spade a spade.
Off topic slightly but Mark Clattenburg has come away with an absolute beauty.

He's basically said he didn't do his job to the laws of the game. I always got the impression it was all about Mark Clattenburg.098ef3824b4e7042ba564a432c7848a5.jpg

They're only human I suppose. I see it at youth level all the time. You'll get some players who abuse refs from the first whistle. You just know they'll take any opportunity to send that player off. I think I'd do the same, which is why I'd probably be a poor ref too.

As for Clattenberg, I thought he was a prat the way he spoke to players. I think this is him trying to claim some profound thinking when in actual fact he just bottled it.

Don't see how that has ANYTHING to do with it....we're dealing with Football here, not national politics.

Overall, the standard of refereeing seems to be appalling....Other teams are regularly talking about dodgy decision (except one). I have seen Ceptic on the end of a few bad decision, but they are few & far between. I don't disagree that on the face of it, we tend to get more blatant decisions against us, but at the same time we are not closely following what is happening to the likes if ICT, Hearts, M/Well etc. I'm pretty sure they will be able to pull out some shocking examples as well.

I think one thing that REALLY goes against the Refs is the fact that they are not publicly held accountable for their actions. Managers & players are required to hold press conferences (media deals..), and are given the opportunity to discuss different aspects of game & explain why they did things in a certain way. Ref's are not....they remain silent. Maybe if they held a press conference afterwards, it would give them the opportunity to explain how they saw certain incidents etc.

Those were both shockers. The second one was a red card, and I can't believe what the ref thought justified anything else. The first one should also have been red because as soon as you have two feet off the ground like that, you cannot possibly be in control and that is therefore a reckless and red card offence. The first one seems not to be punished with red cards as often as it should do. I see more and more players doing this now, but refs are going to have to be strict about it. The second one is a leg breaker. The first one can cause the end of someone's career.

Don't see how that has ANYTHING to do with it....we're dealing with Football here, not national politics.

Politics and Scottish football are entwined, whether you like it or not. And Rangers are disliked by those running Scotland these days. It is perhaps a contributory factor in our recent troubles (just ask Baron Reid of Cardowan).

Politics and Scottish football are entwined, whether you like it or not. And Rangers are disliked by those running Scotland these days. It is perhaps a contributory factor in our recent troubles (just ask Baron Reid of Cardowan).

The 2 are only connect by the media & some fans, looking for agendas.....I'm pretty sure both the Scottish Govt & footballs clubs have more pressing things to deal with than each other.