Important: New forum software discussion

In addition to the post above, can everyone check and, if necessary/possible, re-upload their avatar photos (or add new ones). 

Although most made the transition across, a few are very low-res and could do with an update.  :thup:

Must admit, I'm really happy with it.

We'd been with vB for many years but they were rather unhelpful with regard to a small licence issue we had so it may the jump to IPBoard a no-brainer really.  We did think about one or two other platforms but IP seems to have lots of good functionality and an excellent community so pleased with the decision to move over.

On 1/18/2018 at 08:52, Frankie said:

Some important housekeeping notes:

1.  You can now add your social media accounts to your profile which will appear in your user info and post block (see mine to the left).  I'll be sure to follow you on Twitter!

2.  When posting please consider the following requests:

• When C&Ping content from other sites, the formatting from the source may be retained (as well as stuff like pictures).  If the text looks too big or the content breaks our forum styling then please edit your post to reduce font size and/or remove images.  Our editor may give you the option to remove the formatting beforehand so that's worthwhile now and again if particular large fonts and headlines are used.
  • Posting Tweets is just a case of C&Ping the tweet's address (from the location bar) into the editor and it will automatically embed the content.  No need to copy any text from the person's timeline, just the address (e.g. https://twitter.com/4Ladhadadream/status/953706562039803909 will embed unless you do as I have done and click the 'show as link' option instead which flashes up.
  • If you post content from other sites (such as blogs and newspapers) please ensure a link is also provided - it's only polite and helps us fulfil our copyright obligations.
  • For content directly from Rangers FC, please only provide an intro with link (i.e. not all the article content unless it's a short statement or such-like).  For other sites, feel free to provide the full text (with link).

3. For those that don't know we have an alternative 'Dark' theme which some may find easier on the eye than the default one.  You can select this from the drop-down menu at the bottom of every page.  I may install another theme over the coming weeks which you'll also find here.

4.  Now available via the top menu are the latest 'flagship' video podcasts from WWTC and H&H - embedded directly on the forum.  We'll endeavour to post these in a timely fashion once they're released.

5. Most users will be served ads by our advertising partner - the income of which is fairly modest and helps cover our hosting and software costs.  You can block these with the use of an in-browser ad-blocker but I'd politely request you white-list the site as I do believe the ads to be non-intrusive for all.  However, if you do contribute to the site (e.g. write articles, partner with us or provide regular previews) then you'll see no ads at all.  Can't say fairer than that!

6.  Also, please check your avatar resolution.  Although these came with us from the old software you may wish you re-upload your existing photo or add a new one to make the most of the high-res IPS software.

7. Finally, if you have any feedback or suggestions as to other functionality we could provide, please let us know and we'll have a look.  Similarly if you'd like to become more involved with the running of the site, please let me know.  :)

I've been getting pop-ups on my phone since the move.

Had been wondering why and if i'd done something as I didn't get them before. Glad to know it is normal :-)