Gersnet Podcast

Now that the new software is in place we have been talking in the background for some time now about trying to put a Gersnet Podcast together. We would like to know if anyone has any technical experience with podcasts and we would also be interested in anyone who would like to take part. We would also like to hear from people who think they can or have experience in hosting a podcast or other form of show.

This is just in the, talking about, stage at the moment but we are very serious in getting this up and running.

We don't want to compete against other pods but try and offer something a little different to compliment the pods already running.

Anyone seriously interested in joining a project in some capacity please get in touch on here or PM me or Frankie if you want to stay anonymous.

Thanks.

I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to hear from you guys (and others on the forums).  I enjoy the heart and hand podcast too, but there aren't enough good to ones around in my opinion, so this would be welcomed.

I have no idea how I could help, but just wanted to encourage you to follow through with this and to wish you good luck.  I have had media training so I'd be happy to pass on the things I've learned from that, if you are interested.  Other than that, I think I'm useless to you.  Good luck, and I can't wait to hear the first one.

As a former regular on the now extinct WATP Podcast, I would be happy to make the odd appearance as a panellist/guest. 

Todd Van Allen would be a great person to consult on this, if you have him on FB or Twitter. He records his own comedy podcast in Canada and he was WATP Podcast as far as running the show is concerned.

Cheers John I will add your name to the list. As I said this is still in a research and information gathering stage. One thing we have put upon ourselves is that it must be a quality product.

48 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I think this is a great idea, and I'd love to hear from you guys (and others on the forums).  I enjoy the heart and hand podcast too, but there aren't enough good to ones around in my opinion, so this would be welcomed.

I have no idea how I could help, but just wanted to encourage you to follow through with this and to wish you good luck.  I have had media training so I'd be happy to pass on the things I've learned from that, if you are interested.  Other than that, I think I'm useless to you.  Good luck, and I can't wait to hear the first one.

Thanks gaffer I will note your name and keep you informed on the progress. We really need bits of everything and certainly people to produce content. We don't want to make it a copy of H&H and we couldn't to be honest as David Edgar has a style we couldn't get near copying. We hope we can bring a different type of show that offers a different style. The subject is the same of course. Rangers.

I'd really like to get something organised but the technical side of this kind of thing isn't my forte so any help people can offer would be very welcome.

As Pete says, this isn't about trying to challenge the well established (and excellent) pods out there already* but just offering something different for the users of this site.

Hosting a pod such as this requires a fair bit of skill as well as no shortage of confidence and charisma which is why Davie Edgar and Snags are so good at it.  Similarly, any guests need to be able to speak well and have confidence in their own opinions. 

if you're interested or can offer help then please get in touch.

* As an aside, if you click the Videos icon at the top of the page then you can view embedded videos of each latest WWTC and H&H podcast from this week onwards.  We're also trying to get official match footage but it seems the SPFL are playing funny buggers with regard to embedded content.

• pete pinned this topic