Gersnet Podcast

I've subscribed to the H&H patreon and one of the things that David has said repeatedly is that one of the aims is to support the rangers community to produce more content by bears and for bears.    He has also said he's happy to offer advice and support to those who want to give it a go.

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'd really like to get something organised but the technical side of this kind of thing isn't my forte so any help people can offer would be very welcome.

As Pete says, this isn't about trying to challenge the well established (and excellent) pods out there already* but just offering something different for the users of this site.

Hosting a pod such as this requires a fair bit of skill as well as no shortage of confidence and charisma which is why Davie Edgar and Snags are so good at it.  Similarly, any guests need to be able to speak well and have confidence in their own opinions. 

if you're interested or can offer help then please get in touch.

* As an aside, if you click the Videos icon at the top of the page then you can view embedded videos of each latest WWTC and H&H podcast from this week onwards.  We're also trying to get official match footage but it seems the SPFL are playing funny buggers with regard to embedded content.

OK first things first to Frankie and Pete on the technical side of things how many voices are you talking about? Are you going with an anchor plus guest/s type set up or a single presenter? One presenter can be extremely cheap to do in terms of time, energy and cash the other can become more expensive in all three above categories depending on how many guests you want to have on simultaneously.

Edited by Big Jaws

To be honest we have not got this so far that we have been discussing a format other than it would be a host\hosts with guest\guests. What we have discussed is really on this thread. Without clearing things with Frankie (so I hope he agrees) we will look to get a team together and open a separate forum for the people involved. As has been said we are novices at this so we are looking for all the help we can get. If you can help us technically then I think Frankie will want you on board pretty quickly. For the rest we will invite all involved on to a Podcast forum and then we will start looking at the way ahead. I would say that if you do have technical knowledge then you and Frankie should get together as soon as possible as Frankie is going to be looking into  the technical side of it in the next couple of weeks.

I will put your name down in general but ask Frankie to contact you privately.

1 hour ago, pete said:

To be honest we have not got this so far that we have been discussing a format other than it would be a host\hosts with guest\guests. What we have discussed is really on this thread. Without clearing things with Frankie (so I hope he agrees) we will look to get a team together and open a separate forum for the people involved. As has been said we are novices at this so we are looking for all the help we can get. If you can help us technically then I think Frankie will want you on board pretty quickly. For the rest we will invite all involved on to a Podcast forum and then we will start looking at the way ahead. I would say that if you do have technical knowledge then you and Frankie should get together as soon as possible as Frankie is going to be looking into  the technical side of it in the next couple of weeks.

I will put your name down in general but ask Frankie to contact you privately.

It's important to know what sort of format you're going adopt as it defines what you need may need. So with that said.

If its just a presenter then a decent microphone and audio recording software is all it takes, Audacity is an audio recording application which is open source free and easy to use. https://www.audacityteam.org

If its going to be host and guest then it needs a little bit more thought. In this case your going to need to get the voices together in any VOIP app like Skype, Dischord or Google Voice etc and record everyone including the host at the same time, from recollection I think, Audacity can only handle 3 input sources and for normal PC/Laptops this would mean that you also need virtual audio cables software like VB-Cable so that the audio from the sources can be recorded in Audacity.

There is another free open source program called Voicemeeter Banana which in my opinion is much easier to use than the Audacity + VB-Cable route.  https://www.vb-audio.com/index.htm

Again sticking with free open source if you decided to go down the video/VOD route there is Open Broadcaster Software OBS. https://obsproject.com

Edited by Big Jaws

Cheers mate i am passing on your info to Frankie. I don't think it will just be a presenter so probably 1 or 2 speakers as well. we have not discussed video so I don't think we will go down that route but as I say we have an open canvas at the moment.