Man City pull out of Sanchez bid

7 hours ago, craig said:

60 million Euros I read, which is about 53 million pounds.  I think Aubameyang is a fantastic player and in the current market I think 53 million is an excellent piece of business.  Like every other transfer though, only time will tell.

Again Re Sanchez, you are suggesting Arsenal "got rid" when the reality is he was walking regardless.

If the Arsenal contingent dont come back from germany with his signature it will be yet another sign of their decline. They are debating over a few million which is peanuts for Arsenal. If they miss him then someone else will pounce. They need to get this signature over the line and then some more. Mkhi, Ozil and Wilshire is still a good base to build round.

15 hours ago, compo said:

Imagine at the next television deal there are only two bidding BT and Sky and they get together and reduce their offer by twenty percent ,lot of clubs could be up the swanee 

That's unlikely though. Amazon have apparently expressed an interest and the likes of Netflix, Google and Facebook may also be interested.

13 hours ago, Bluedell said:

That's unlikely though. Amazon have apparently expressed an interest and the likes of Netflix, Google and Facebook may also be interested.

You just wonder if that would be a mass Setanta. What percentage of punter / arm chair viewer / global viewer would watch games via Amazon, Netflix etc. how many viewers even register with the likes of these. So many will just be happy to turn on SKy TV / BT TV and watch what they have at present. I tend to avoid all internet TV as such and I wonder how many do the same. I think it would tend to target younger generations up to mid 40s.

7 minutes ago, Gribz said:

You just wonder if that would be a mass Setanta. What percentage of punter / arm chair viewer / global viewer would watch games via Amazon, Netflix etc. how many viewers even register with the likes of these. So many will just be happy to turn on SKy TV / BT TV and watch what they have at present. I tend to avoid all internet TV as such and I wonder how many do the same. I think it would tend to target younger generations up to mid 40s.

Amazon wouldn’t go out of business like Setanta.  They are one of the biggest companies in the world so if it didn’t work out then it would be a blip on their financial resource.

i think you would be surprised how many would use it Gribz.  Amazon is much cheaper than BT and I suspect given their resource could outdo them in terms of production too.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Amazon wouldn’t go out of business like Setanta.  They are one of the biggest companies in the world so if it didn’t work out then it would be a blip on their financial resource.

i think you would be surprised how many would use it Gribz.  Amazon is much cheaper than BT and I suspect given their resource could outdo them in terms of production too.

Yeah not suggesting they would go out of business but when you are talking figures in the billions for the Premier League it could still affect clubs. And fans worldwide have been saying the bubble in the Premier league could eventually burst and this could be a potential way it could happen.

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue how to watch Amazon, didn't even know they had a TV channel. I take it that its online only and not available via cable TV?? I would also guess its more popular in the US and UK. Im quite content and happy with the premier league TV channel via Cable TV here, its great coverage with all the games.

I've got both Amazon and Netflix. Both are pretty good value at the moment and their unique content is growing. Yes,  online only but new smart TVs here have built in apps to access them. 

Amazon have dipped their toe in the sports water already with some NFL and ATP rights. 

Internet TV will grow significantly over the next 10 years.