Pacific Quay Musings?

Hell of a lot of words just to cultivate goodwill from Celtic fans and sundry other Haters of Rangers. All that was required was for Fraser to say Rangers is a den of “dirty orange bastards”.

BBC Scotland lunchtime news on the TV, includes a three minute piece to camera by Martin Dowden and Pat Bonner, the background is a Norwegian harbour scene. There are several footage pieces inter spaced, all showing ra Sellik scoring. Both Martin and Pat are confident about tonight's action, Sellik are comfortable because this is their third visit to Norway in the last fifteen months. Personnel changes are discussed too, Pat is sure the young boys will get the job done. Martin reminds us, that full commentary is available on BBC Radio Scotland at 17.30hrs, kick-off at 17.55hrs.

Now, thanks to Annie McGuire some dozen years past, we know, "Martin is a good Celtic man". He has been around the houses in between, fulfilling Production roles and reporting from the Highlands. Chris has been promoted, thus it looks like Martin has stepped in seamlessly. He finished the piece with, "you can hear all the action tonight on BBC Radio Scotland".

Well, I will qualify that for you Martin, good Celtic man you are. All the action ends on Norwegian shores, license fee paying Rangers supporters will receive very occasional selective updates, dependent upon how the game at Ibrox is progressing. 

How many mistakes can one broadcaster make?  There appears to be no quality control.  Do they apply any reviews or common sense to their output?  The sooner we can vote on the BBC with our wallets, the better.

6 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd love that to be true but any time I've looked into this I can't.  Feel free to post or PM me with the legal basis because I'd do it in a heartbeat.

F.Y.I.

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/telling-us-you-dont-need-a-tv-licence

If you pay a television licence it is because you want to.  It is not because you have to.

9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'd love that to be true but any time I've looked into this I can't.  Feel free to post or PM me with the legal basis because I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You need a license to watch live TV, BBC/STV...….

30 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You need a license to watch live TV, BBC/STV...….

That's correct.  Even if you never watch any BBC channel, you need one if you watch or record any live channel.  I did however look into it and as long as you don't invite the licensing people into your home you'll likely never have to pay, even when they suspect you should pay.  The bottom line is that it's a problem that shouldn't exist.  We shouldn't be forced to pay to watch the propaganda they spew out.