Club1872 launch £1M share campaign

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:45, rbr said:

Every project that club1872 spend money on , we are members get to vote on it and the majority decide , this isn't someone's pet project , everyone had a vote on it , if you didn't vote don't moan 

It is a pet project, one borne our of one small sub-section of the support.

The vote was a yes/no vote - why not give members the opportunity to vote on other alternatives such as disabled facilities ?  Why was there no proper consultation done with the C1872 members prior to putting this to a vote - maybe other interest groups would have provided an alternative so that a vote could have actually been meaningful instead of there being just one option.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 14:16, the gunslinger said:

Yeah a proper vote needs options.

Exactly.

Put that same vote to the C1872 members again, except this time include "improved disabled facilities" as an alternative to "standing section" and I am convinced that the vote would be completely different.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

Exactly.

Put that same vote to the C1872 members again, except this time include "improved disabled facilities" as an alternative to "standing section" and I am convinced that the vote would be completely different.

Could it be because, like all previous incarnations, C1872 isn’t about its members at all but about endorsing the personal wishes of the usual few? It’s always been thus, always will be. 

On 27/01/2018 at 00:28, Bill said:

Unless some of the existing shareholders either decline their pre-emotion rights at future share issues or sell directly to Club1872, its difficult to see how a 25% holding will ever be possible in the face of continuous dilution.

Pre-emption rights have been dis-applied. 

On 02/02/2018 at 17:06, Bluedell said:

But who decides what options the members are given?

If there's a vote on whether they should contribute towards safe standing then a majority would vote yes, but will members be given a choice between that, disabled facilities and one or two other projects? I'm not so sure.

I seriously doubt disabled facilities are on their mind at all, when they asked for projects to be put forward I submitted improving disabled facilities and all I got was a thank you for your email email and that was that!