[FT] St Johnstone 1 - 4 Rangers (Tavernier 12 pen; Windass 25; Goss 41; Morelos 56)

With Declan John apparently now out for the next wee while, there will obviously need to be a change at left back going forward.

Lee Wallace looked really trim in yesterday's training photos but I suspect tonight will be too soon for him to start a game so it should be between Hodson and Halliday.  I suspect the latter may get the nod given his more attacking qualities and left-sided balance.

rfc_saints_c.jpg

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

With Declan John apparently now out for the next wee while, there will obviously need to be a change at left back going forward.

Lee Wallace looked really trim in yesterday's training photos but I suspect tonight will be too soon for him to start a game so it should be between Hodson and Halliday.  I suspect the latter may get the nod given his more attacking qualities and left-sided balance.

rfc_saints_c.jpg

Will be surprised if that isn't the team.

Left back slot is Murty's choice between Hodson, Halliday or risking Wallace.

You wonder whether Windass will be changed for Cummings. I noted that Morelos was roving about a lot (Miller-style), while Windass despite some decent runs (and woeful finishes) didn't cover the territory I wish he had when Morelos was not in his position. Thus, with Docherty's threat from central midfield, why not try Cummings as shadow striker behind Morelos. Also gives the opposition something to ponder.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Left back slot is Murty's choice between Hodson, Halliday or risking Wallace.

You wonder whether Windass will be changed for Cummings. I noted that Morelos was roving about a lot (Miller-style), while Windass despite some decent runs (and woeful finishes) didn't cover the territory I wish he had when Morelos was not in his position. Thus, with Docherty's threat from central midfield, why not try Cummings as shadow striker behind Morelos. Also gives the opposition something to ponder.

Better to leave such experiments for the Falkirk game IMO.

Just now, buster. said:

Better to leave such experiments for the Falkirk game IMO.

Windass is playing very much like a shadow striker and IMHO, Cummings will give us a better attacking option (despite Windass' goals), as he is always lurking where it hurts the opposition. No harm done here, as Windass pace can be a vital tool later on. Anyway, there is little chance that Murty will change his starting formation unless enforced ... and thus becomes a touch too predictable for my liking.

Just now, der Berliner said:

Windass is playing very much like a shadow striker and IMHO, Cummings will give us a better attacking option (despite Windass' goals), as he is always lurking where it hurts the opposition. No harm done here, as Windass pace can be a vital tool later on. Anyway, there is little chance that Murty will change his starting formation unless enforced ... and thus becomes a touch too predictable for my liking.

If a settled team keep winning then I don't mind predictability.