SUNDAY’S Fan Zone will be hosted by Hall of Fame Gers star Alastair Dawson!

SUNDAY’S Fan Zone will be hosted by Hall of Fame Gers star Alastair Dawson!

Accompanied by your favourite Ibrox Residents; Broxi, Roxi and Boris, Alastair will be on hand from 3:00pm to answer your questions in a Q&A session, sign autographs and play football with the kids in our Utilita Street Soccer Zone.

Participating kids will be able to showcase their skills with one lucky participant to be identified as Alistair’s #FanZone ‘Player of the Day’, who will receive an exclusive Rangers FC gift.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/alastair-dawson-host-fan-zone/

That's if the game goes ahead.

Ally Dawson stopped to speak to myself and the people I was with, in Bar72, before the recent Hibs match.  Seemed a very decent bloke - although my dad had to point out who he was to me, as I was 2 when he captained us to a Scottish Cup victory.  

1 hour ago, pete said:

i remember him playing but I would walk past him in the street without knowing who it was now.

He has been heavily involved for more than a decade in local politics in South West Lanarkshire.  It's a single issue on the siting of an incinerator, he Chaired/Chairs an organisation of those opposed to the specific siting.

The last time I saw Dawson play was at the end of Souness's first season. He Captained Rangers victory at ra Piggery in the Glasgow Cup final.

Spoke to him at the Davy Copper memorial night in Thornton suite and said "last time I was at an event in which he appeared was when he got POTY award in Kelvin Hall venue".

He smiled at the memory and confirmed to those he was with,Alex Totten and a couple of others That he remembered that night and being presented with a set of golf clubs.:D