Kris Boyd

Guest Bluetooth

Novo has done surprisingly well this season and shown that workrate and commitment can make a huge difference. I'd keep him as a squad player, but unfortunately he lacks the composure which would make him a great winger or striker. He has contributed infinitely more to us than Sebo has and I know who I'd be looking to sell in the summer.

Spot on Mike.

On Sebo, that one OF game where folks think he did well - he posed zero goal threat, was unable to bring others into the game or hold the ball up. His passing was terrible and if any of his 'tackles' had connected then not only would htey have been picking bits of Mark Wilson out the jungle for weeks we would have been facing the game with 10 men. As faras I can see, he's not a Salenko or Guivarc'h where he might need time to adapt, he's just a terrible footballer. I often think that mayeb PLG shold have been given more time, then I think of the quality of his sgnings (Sebo) and think, By God we did the right thing!!!

I thought he did a job in that OF game, but that's different from playing well. I thought he was told by WS to go out and unsettle the Celtic players, especially the centre halves. Get stuck in about them and actually give them a game which is something they've not had from us probably since Amoruso left. He did that well, but he was treading a very fine line between that and getting a straight red card.

That's exactly my point Juffrey, usually when we sign a player who takes time to settle, he will show us some glimpses that he is the real deal. I've seen nothing from Sebo that thinks there's more to come.

On the other hand, I do appreciate that it can't have been easy for the lad considering he was playing in a team which wasn't creating many chances and without a settled strike pairing. But I think its time to cut our losses and let him move on.

Totally agree that yes, he unsettled them, chased them down, harried them into mistakes, but he's unable to capitalise on those mistakes.

Taxi for Sebo (and N'Diaye, Sionko, Papac, Svennson)

At the moment, our squad is looking very, very thin (unless you count the Monster munchers like Boyd obviously) in terms of numbers at least. We need to sign 6 players at least and that's without us letting anyone go.

Now I know that WS has obviously made his mind up about some as they've just not featured in matchday squads, but we could be losing the following:

Rae, Klos, N'Diaye, Sionko, Svennsson, Papac, Sebo & Buffel.

We've signed a couple of squad players, but still, unless WS gets significant funds, we could be in for another very long season.

But I dont want to compare Boyd with Sebo, we should be comparing Boyd with Celtics strikers as they are the ones we have to emulate.

How many of the ****s forward line were picked in the team of the season?

Needs to and can improve, but still the best in this country.

Love him or loathe him he's been top scorer (so far) in the SPL for 2 seasons in a row which cant be bad. One of things that annoys me about him is that he seems to go through phases were he's really motivated and then phases where he looks like he cant be bothered. Perception doesn't tell the whole story but does he really need a sheepshagger coming out and slagging him or the team every week to give him the wherewithall to score a hat-trick in the first 30 mins of every game?

Surely for a self professed blue nose that he is, pulling on the light blue jersey is motivation enough?!