Kris Boyd

Guest Bluetooth

Not surprisingly I agree with you Craig.

If we had Chelsea's transfer budget I could understand.

But the reality is we are mostly stuck with the squad we've got and we can only afford a few decent players and a bunch of cheaper squad players to enhance it.

We 100% can't sell or let go any of our present key players and that includes:

MacGreggor

Hutton Weir Webster Smith

Burke Hemdani Ferguson Thomson

Boyd

They are the basis of our squad and none of them are easily replacable for the amount of money we have to spend.

Players to leave should be:

Klos

Sionko Rae N'Diaye

Buffel (we really have to cash in and a swap plus cash for Kvm would be good)

Prso Sebo

Players I think should be sold if an offer is good enough:

Ponroy Svensson Ehiogu Papac Murray

Novo Adam

Players to bring in:

A cheap backup goalkeeper who doesn't mind playing second fiddle.

A cheap right back to compete with Hutton

Broadfoot

Brown (3M + addons?) McCulloch (1.5M?)

Gow Koevermanns (3.5M + Buffel?)

PS That makes my squad:

MacGregor/newbie

Hutton/newbie Weir/Ehiogu Webster/Broadfoot Smith/Murray OR Papac

Brown/Burke Hemdani Ferguson/Thomson McCulloch/Adam

Koevermanns/Gow Boyd/Sebo

With possibly Svensson and Novo as spares as well as the youngsters.

Still no a big squad though.

I dont think you will see many players getting shipped out of Ibrox in the summer but there will be 6 or 7 players coming in. we have not got a big squad and Smith will only sell players for a good price and if there contract is up.

As for |Boyd i wouldnt sell him at this moment in time, he is the SPL's top goalscorer for the last two seasons and i think every other team would want him, we have him and should hold on to him. Anyway 1.5m for Boyd never, last season did we not get a offer of 6m ???

Ok, Sebo hasnt done anything to merit his 1.8 million price tag but thats not his fault he cost that, plus he hasnt had a chance. Anyone who says he has is judging him on 5 mins here and 10 mins there. He would have been our MOTM against Celtic away last time if Hutton hadnt been amazing.

But if people want to rely on the likes of Boyd and Burke then maybe we should just settle for 2nd place then. Neither are good enough (Im not saying Sebo Sionko etc are)

But I dont want to compare Boyd with Sebo, we should be comparing Boyd with Celtics strikers as they are the ones we have to emulate.

If Boyd wants to be first choice poacher then he needs to do the things mentioned earlier - lose weight, get his finger out and improve 90% of his game.....then yes he may come good with a Hateley type player and then il be happy with him.

And I dont buy this "he is top scorer 2 seasons running" crap. What have we won in that 2 seasons??? IIRC Fat John Hartson was Celtics top scorer when we won the league 2 years ago. What im saying is Football is a team game and Teams win you prizes - Goals need to come from all over the team.

Only thing about Sebo is that apart from showing he's fast and in the OF game that he can more than hold his own against big centre halves, he's not really done anything. No little flashes of what he could do given a run in the team for example.

I think its 50/50 as to whether he'll be here for next season. If we can get money for him then I think we'll take it.

Gribz,

Sebo may have been close to MOTM against Celtic but he showed NOTHING as a forward, was never a goal threat - and as a striker surely that is what is expected ? Running around like a headless chicken showing commitment is great, but if you dont pose a threat they you are almost (just almost) as bad as when Boyd would be as well not being on the pitch.

OK, so why don't you compare Boyd's scoring record to Kenny Miller then if you want to look at him as a comparison to them - or even JvoH - I think that Boyd's scoring record stands head and shoulders above both of them.

I dont get you not buying the "top scorer for 2 seasons...." argument. It is FACT that he was top scorer 2 seasons running - surely he is doing what is asked of him (put the ball in the net). You seem to justify your argument of this being a crap statement by saying goals need to come from the whole team - well how do you suggest that this is BOYD's fault that no-one else seems to be contributing to the goals ?

Teams certainly win you prizes but your argument was one against Boyd as an individual, not a team argument - so I just don't see how that is a decent comparison.

At the moment I would put Sebo in the same category of player as Novo, someone who runs about, hassles the defence, makes runs into the box etc - except Novo offers more defensively by tracking back and putting in a tackle on many occasions and also has enough luck to get the odd deflection for a modest string of goals.

I'd definitely pick Novo before Sebo and obviously Boyd before Novo.

If we got offered 1.3M for Sebo and 200K for Novo, I know who I would keep...

Sebo brings comedy value to the team but we need a striker with touch, vision and finishing ability. Not too many of them in our transfer budget at the moment unless SDM takes a nosebleed and decides to give WS the funds to spend that we've been crying out for.

Novo has done surprisingly well this season and shown that workrate and commitment can make a huge difference. I'd keep him as a squad player, but unfortunately he lacks the composure which would make him a great winger or striker. He has contributed infinitely more to us than Sebo has and I know who I'd be looking to sell in the summer.