Kris Boyd

Guest Bluetooth

Guest Bluetooth

If someone came in with a bid of 1.5 million in the summer I would grab it with both hands.

His attitude is all wrong and I appreciate he scores against the diddy teams which is our bread and butter but I would punt him because of lack of effort on the pitch.

Lol, the start of another Boyd debate!!

But i agree id take the cash and run. IMO he is over weight, slow, has a terrible touch, misses more than he scores and is out of his depth unless he is playing the bottom sides.

The only problem is Prso is gone due to his knee, plus it doesnt look like Novo will be offered a contract and Sebo may leave aswell so thats leaves us with no strikers. But all 4 could leave and could be replaced by some of the following:

Koevermans

Balaban

McCulloch (can play left also)

Gow (signed anyway)

Fowler

O Connor

Lovenkrands (id welcome him back)

Rasiak

Double that price and you might be right. I won't go in to the whole argument about him as we've talked so much about that its gone past boring now, but whether you rate him or not just now, he still has a lot more potential than a 1.5M player. If he can score half as many at a higher level then we'd be giving him away at that price.

I was really surprised at the weekend when a couple of the guys I was working with from England had heard of Kris Boyd and how many goals he'd been scoring up here.

Gribz - I've been a recent convert to the school of thought that all our first team squad should be available at the right price (except maybe Smith & Hutton?), but I think 1.5M could be very short sighted.

OK, we sell him for 1.5 and that's fine.He's lazy has a terrible attitude and can'tseem to score in the big matches. I've never been a fan and didn't want him signed in the first place.

But, if there is no Kris Boyd who scores the goals against Killie, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St mirren. Where would we be this season without his goals? Probably not in 2nd place. And could we realistically replace him with 1.5 million?

The team/club is pretty much up shit creek at the moment and I think we have more pressing concerns than punting our main(only) goalscorer. We need creativity in midfield, width in midfield, a future in central defence (Davie Weir isn't the be all and end all) and at least one new keeper. To be honest, I don't think there is a position on the pitch that can't be realistically improved upon - by that I mean there are better players for every position within our limited means out there. But to concentrate on replacing Boyd is definately not a priority.

Double that price and you might be right. I won't go in to the whole argument about him as we've talked so much about that its gone past boring now, but whether you rate him or not just now, he still has a lot more potential than a 1.5M player. If he can score half as many at a higher level then we'd be giving him away at that price.

I was really surprised at the weekend when a couple of the guys I was working with from England had heard of Kris Boyd and how many goals he'd been scoring up here.

Gribz - I've been a recent convert to the school of thought that all our first team squad should be available at the right price (except maybe Smith & Hutton?), but I think 1.5M could be very short sighted.

I just cant agree Mike. There is absolutely no way (IMO) Kris Boyd is a 3 million pound player.

He has not improved his game 1 bit this season. You would think with McCoist on board a few signs of improvement would have been shown but after 3 months but there has been nothing.

He needs to lose a few pounds, work on 90% of his game and start doing the simple things.

Juff, The new and improved signings who are better than the average run of the mill SPL players will score the goals against Dunfermline, St Mirren etc :)

Maybe somewhere in between though. I still think he deserves a chance to improve with better players around him, but I also think he needs to work a bit harder on his fitness. I seem to be in the minority on that one, but he seems to be carrying a wee bit of extra weight and is puffing from the outset in games, he never looks that comfortable.

He still scores a lot of goals though and people will pay for that talent alone. But I agree, he does need to get his finger out or he could be out on his ear. Beggars can't be choosers and I think we'd be mad to chuck him out just now when we don't have anyone else who's scoring enough goals. We don't even need to have someone in to score 30 or so a season, if we could get 2/3 strikers scoring 15 or so each and a midfielder to weigh in with a good few, we could easily let Boyd go.

So, should we get rid of Boyd for 1.5M and get another Sebo in for 1.8M?

No matter what, we can't afford to sell off our top goal scorer for the price of a bargain basement, unproven player. I think that is very short sighted.

To me and many others the obvious thing is to try him with a proper centre forward - Hateley seems to be the usual template. And the great thing to me is that our "say it as it is" manager, is saying that that is exactly what he wants to do and is looking for exactly such a player.

If nothing else the guy is worth more as a squad player than any 1.5M replacement.

A lot of people seem to have the attitude that only the radical will work - but it's risky and usually fails, I much prefer the tried and tested.

Let's not do anything daft just for the sake of it.

Yet again we have another Kris Boyd 'arguement', and yet again i say look to the simple facts. In a poor Rangers side he is still the SPL's top goal scorer for the 2nd season running.

The fact of the matter is the boy can score goals. The number of times you see the ball going into the box and him getting on the end of it is amazing. He might not score everytime but more often than not he's the one getting on the end of them. Pure strikers instinct.

I also advocate giving him time, see what next season brings as regards a regular strike partner for him. Then you can make a true judgement on him. As for the names Gribz threw up -

Koevermans - be a quality signing but think he could be priced out our range.

Balaban - failed at Aston Villa and don't see how a spell in Belguim can have improved him that much.

McCulloch (can play left also) - Like to see him signed, as i've said before I see him as another Gordon Durie, offering loads of options in the front positions.

Gow (signed anyway) - already signed, be interesting to see how he does.

Fowler - why oh why does he keep getting brought up. Was past it the minute he left Liverpool and has done nothing of note since then.

O Connor - A full of himself overrated player who after his Scotland malarky is never going to be signed by Smith.

Lovenkrands (id welcome him back) - Looks like hes going to win Bundesliga title with Schalke, so again pricing himself out our range.

Rasiak - banging them in in the Championship so surely on Premiership clubs radar - therefore again likely to be priced to high.

Malky

For me on Boyd - read Malky's post I 100% agree.

On the other names mentioned none of the names and i include Gow, excite me apart from maybe Koevermans wh0 we probably can't afford. From what I have seen of McCulloch admittedly not as much as it seems ome of us have, I don't think he is good enough. Havung said that he would be a better option than Sebo

So, should we get rid of Boyd for 1.5M and get another Sebo in for 1.8M?

No matter what, we can't afford to sell off our top goal scorer for the price of a bargain basement, unproven player. I think that is very short sighted.

To me and many others the obvious thing is to try him with a proper centre forward - Hateley seems to be the usual template. And the great thing to me is that our "say it as it is" manager, is saying that that is exactly what he wants to do and is looking for exactly such a player.

If nothing else the guy is worth more as a squad player than any 1.5M replacement.

A lot of people seem to have the attitude that only the radical will work - but it's risky and usually fails, I much prefer the tried and tested.

Let's not do anything daft just for the sake of it.

^ What he said... :D

Seriously, I agree - there is NO WAY we should be taking 1.5 million for Boyd - that would be financial suicide and makes little sense in any way.

I would be pretty sure that his wage isn't excessive and he is still pretty much our only scoring centre-forward.

So sell him and do what ? Replace him with someone else that is unproven (much like Sebo was last summer.....).

Sorry Gribz but your logic makes no sense to me - you want to give Sebo a chance to stake a claim for a place in the team and squad when he has done NOTHING - yet you want us to punt our top scorer in the last 2 seasons (with one of those actually being HALF a season) for less money that Sebo cost. Makes no sense to me.

Boyd really has no-one to play up front with him - if we can get a Hateley type player and he doesn't produce then that would be the time to get rid (it is hard to say he doesn't produce when you look at his goal scoring record against the so called "diddy" teams - but he doesn't seem tp produce against the better teams - but again he has no-one really to be his foil).

I am not KB's biggest fan but to accept a meagre 1.5 mill for him would be criminal !