Windass Wins POTM

I think it's mainly because he doesn't have a natural position. He clearly has a lot of ability. He's very fast, is very good at making runs and is an outstanding finisher. The problem is that those are striker's qualities but he's played in a creative midfieler's role.

The kind of player who would excel in that position is Scott Allan. Brilliant touch, has a centre of gravitity that allows him to change direction very quickly with the ball glued to his feet and slices defences open with an incisive pass at ease, and can score long shots occasionally.

Windass doesn't have those qualities, I think he should be played as a striker with Dorrans coming in in his position. We have 3 good strikers in Morelos, Cummings and Windass so I'd like to see how we do with a front 2.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

I think it's mainly because he doesn't have a natural position. He clearly has a lot of ability. He's very fast, is very good at making runs and is an outstanding finisher. The problem is that those are striker's qualities but he's played in a creative midfieler's role.

The kind of player who would excel in that position is Scott Allan. Brilliant touch, has a centre of gravitity that allows him to change direction very quickly with the ball glued to his feet and slices defences open with an incisive pass at ease, and can score long shots occasionally.

Windass doesn't have those qualities, I think he should be played as a striker with Dorrans coming in in his position. We have 3 good strikers in Morelos, Cummings and Windass so I'd like to see how we do with a front 2.

That's perhaps something we need -- I would still take Allan if he was let go... :ninja: 

However, I think there are different ways to play the No.10 role; it's not necessarily a 'creative' position. I think we have a perception of the No.10 being a specific role, but it's a lot more varied than that. Windass is not, and never was, a 'creative' player; he's more a second-striker. 

He played really well up front in that 4-diamond-2 against Aberdeen. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That's perhaps something we need -- I would still take Allan if he was let go... :ninja: 

However, I think there are different ways to play the No.10 role; it's not necessarily a 'creative' position. I think we have a perception of the No.10 being a specific role, but it's a lot more varied than that. Windass is not, and never was, a 'creative' player; he's more a second-striker. 

He played really well up front in that 4-diamond-2 against Aberdeen. 

I think Allan is an excellent player. Sadly Lennon is a good manager and is getting the best out of him.

Yes that was a game where Windass's qualities were really utilised.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I think Allan is an excellent player. Sadly Lennon is a good manager and is getting the best out of him.

Yes that was a game where Windass's qualities were really utilised.

Allan's numbers were apparently quite good at Dundee too, although the end product wasn't there.