Club 1872 meeting with Dave King

Is this 'strategy' of 'giving' cash a sensible one? Doesn't seem so to me. The stand at Auchenhowie would surely have been a sensible starting point for taking the temperature of whether the board's bluster actually had any basis in fact and potentially translate to actually owning or having a security on a fixed asset. 

When I read that cash had been handed over to the 'good cause' of a 'stand to watch the boys', I shook my head in disbelief.

7 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I thought buying half of the Ashley share block was a good thing at the time, but looking back with hindsight, now with the share dilution coming up, i'm not to sure now. Better the members money was given as soft loans like others did, C1872 would now have £1mil converted to shares undiluted. But i don't think the fans money was ever wanted for soft loans, wonder why that is?

A very good question. I've got a rough idea as to the answer as I'm sure loads of other people do too.

Does anyone think that Chris Graham's Twitter feed wasn't checked before his invite was sent out?

9 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I thought buying half of the Ashley share block was a good thing at the time, but looking back with hindsight, now with the share dilution coming up, i'm not to sure now. Better the members money was given as soft loans like others did, C1872 would now have £1mil converted to shares undiluted. But i don't think the fans money was ever wanted for soft loans, wonder why that is?

I've always said I disagreed with the Ashley share purchase, but obviously I'm in the minority.

there was a suggestion of RF giving cash as a loan IIRC and it caused some issues with RF, although I can't remember what they all were. Can a CIC give soft loans?I guess one of the other issues with the fans giving soft loans is that they needed more than C1872 had. 

I'd have thought that the board wouldn't be averse to receiving soft loans from C1872 as a principle.

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't personally know him, so he wasn't covered my comments, but I doubt he'd be that suitable. We would want someone putting forward the points of the "ordinary" fan as part of his or her responsibilities and I'm not sure McColl would be in tune with them.

I don't even know what an ordinary fan is.  It would be interesting to see if anyone on here feels they could represent that cohort, and if so, what they think the ordinary fan wants.  It's difficult to articulate without steering into areas where we have material disagreements.  I couldn't represent the people on here.  I'm reasonably sensible, fairly articulate, and a Rangers fan with opinions, but other than addressing the issues in the media, what do I agree on that the majority on here do too?

I keep coming back to this.  What do we agree on?

We want Rangers to be the best team in Scotland again.  Of that there is no doubt, but that's easy.  The question is how do we go about it and how would I accurately articulate the views of the Gersnet members?  If we even struggle to explain that, what hope do we have of finding someone to represent the views of a larger supporters group?  I think it's naive or arrogant for someone to think they can represent us in decisions.  You can argue that politics operates that way, and I'd suggest that's a perfectly good example of why the representative model doesn't work.  It can for specific lobbying points, but that's all.

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've always said I disagreed with the Ashley share purchase, but obviously I'm in the minority.

there was a suggestion of RF giving cash as a loan IIRC and it caused some issues with RF, although I can't remember what they all were. Can a CIC give soft loans?I guess one of the other issues with the fans giving soft loans is that they needed more than C1872 had. 

I'd have thought that the board wouldn't be averse to receiving soft loans from C1872 as a principle.

What makes the guys (Bears), who gave the soft loans to the club, any different from the Bears as members of C1872?

2 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

What makes the guys (Bears), who gave the soft loans to the club, any different from the Bears as members of C1872?

The simple answer, on the surface, is 'none'. But we all know that assertion doesn't hold any water don't we.

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Yeh I remember the hullabaloo at the time, wasn't it one guy from the RF that took it on himself to offer the club a soft loan?

Edited by aweebluesoandso