Ross McCrorie started training

Ross McCrorie Gives Rangers Fans Update They’ve Been Waiting For

Optimized-Screen-Shot-2018-03-27-at-12.11.27-1000x600.jpg

Ross McCrorie has given Rangers fans the update they’ve been waiting for – he’s back on the training pitch.

The young midfielder hasn’t played for the Ibrox club since their 30th December draw with Celtic after injuring his foot during the winter break.

That’s almost three months out of action for a player that was so important for the team in the first half of the season.

And he’s no doubt been missed, despite Graeme Murty strengthening the squad and, more significantly, his midfield in the January transfer window.

Fans will be desperate to see McCrorie back on the pitch and he’s taken a positive step towards that today by returning to training.

The young Scottish midfielder posted a picture on his Instagram Story showing his boots on after a session:

Optimized-IMG_7970.jpg

That’s great news for the supporters – and a big boost for Murty as he looks to get his team back on track after two disappointing recent results.

They lost 3-2 to a 10-man Celtic team at Ibrox before losing 1-0 to Kilmarnock a week later so theres real need for them to be at their best after the international break.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/03/ross-mccrorie-gives-rangers-fans-update-theyve-waiting/

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It'll be great to get McCrorie and Dorrans back in the squad.

He looks like a leader in the Rangers of old mould. I think he will galvanise those around him and tell them what’s what if they’re not pulling their weight. Folk have been quite critical of the team since the disappointment of the OF game but with Jack, Dorrans, Murphy, Morelos, Docherty and McRorie there are good players yet to really come together as one team. Throw in Windass, Holt, John and 3 quality signings with similar leadership quality as McRorie it will be possible to stop Celtic. McRorie is still young and needs good quality around him to help him and the team develop. 

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Great news!

Where does he play? 

Probably in a back 3 would be ideal imo but until Jack comes back I’d sit him in front of our car crash central defence and if we dont go to a back 3 stick him in with Alves for the rest of this season. I know Alves hasn’t set the heather slight but he’s far from unknowledgabke and McCrorie could get a lot from a few games beside him. 

19 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

Probably in a back 3 would be ideal imo but until Jack comes back I’d sit him in front of our car crash central defence and if we dont go to a back 3 stick him in with Alves for the rest of this season. I know Alves hasn’t set the heather slight but he’s far from unknowledgabke and McCrorie could get a lot from a few games beside him. 

I doubt we'll be changing to a back three any time soon, so someone's going to miss out. 

A month ago I'd have been hard pressed to omit him from Midfield, but Docherty-Goss have been doing very well. It's now our defence that needs to be strengthened. 

I don't think he's quite there yet to be a main-stay at CB, but he won't be if he doesn't play. Playing beside Alves can only help.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I doubt we'll be changing to a back three any time soon, so someone's going to miss out. 

A month ago I'd have been hard pressed to omit him from Midfield, but Docherty-Goss have been doing very well. It's now our defence that needs to be strengthened. 

I don't think he's quite there yet to be a main-stay at CB, but he won't be if he doesn't play. Playing beside Alves can only help.

Do you think Goss has been doing well? I guess you never seen the Celtic and Kilmarnock games.

Just now, pete said:

Do you think Goss has been doing well? I guess you never seen the Celtic and Kilmarnock games.

He has been off the boil, but generally the Goss-Docherty partnership has worked well.