Ally McCoist expects a decision over Graeme Murty's Rangers future in the coming weeks

If Murty isn't to be the next manager then there is no obvious candidate as far as I can see. That's got to be a bit of a concern.

The big worry is we end up with another Pedro type appointment i.e. a risky one

On 30 March 2018 at 11:25, Gonzo79 said:

The board have hopefully learned from past mistakes.

You can't just stick with a mediocre manager when you have to win things.  Our home record is a total joke under Murty.

You have to realise too that this is the second time Murty had inherited a failed manager's squad of players none of whom he signed.

The only time Murty got to sign his own players was in January this year. And I'd suggest the players he brought in have all done reasonably well. 

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

Even if the board had indeed reached that firm decision, why would they tell Murty now? It would be rank stupidity with no possible gain. 

I think Murty would be told in the context that his previous job was still open if he wanted it. Rangers would need to recruit into his old position if he didn’t want to go back.. It would be a sensible approach and Murty seems the kind of guy who behaves in a professional manner. 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

The only time Murty got to sign his own players was in January this year. And I'd suggest the players he brought in have all done reasonably well. 

Hibs, Celtc and Kilmarnock find your comment most amusing.

On 30 March 2018 at 11:48, Gonzo79 said:

Hibs, Celtc and Kilmarnock find your comment most amusing.

Last I checked we were above Hubz & KIllie in the league.

And Celtc have spent much much more on their squad than we have. No comparison.

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

A bit of snot in a jar would have the mental capability to see that Murty has absolutely no possible future as our manager. Sticking with him would be actively plotting our downfall. 

After a string of abysmal appointments the board must get the next one right. Otherwise, their time will be up.

Whatever we do involves a major gamble. Our financial issues are still there and we need success for that reason alone. Celtic can fritter away millions in experiments but we can’t. I don’t think any manager without a record of winning trophies would be acceptable. That means looking outside Scotland which has of course proven to be risky in the past. The biggest problem we have in the club however is the lack of winning experience and a winning mentality. Anyone who can bring that back gets my vote. We also need to get in a couple of players who are used to winning even if it is from a lower level either from our youngsters like McRorie or from another league. Again Alves was someone we thought would fit the bill here but it’s not a one man job. All in all it’s s really tough decision and the stakes are huge. 

On 30 March 2018 at 12:00, Gonzo79 said:

They all beat us at Ibrox since Murty brought in his own players.  If that's acceptable to you, that's fine.  

He needs to bring in more of his own players.......