Ally McCoist expects a decision over Graeme Murty's Rangers future in the coming weeks

8 hours ago, pete said:

I don't think we can totally excuse him for his CP experience as he should have known that you can't make Dobin the Donkey win the Grand National. The same thing happened at Inter and CP that he came up against players too old, not good enough or not willing to adapt to his system. That caused dressing room unrest and the players never played for him.

I'm disappointed to say -- who wants Pete agreeing with them... :D -- but I can't get past his record elsewhere. He has a style, but the only place he's been able to implement it is Ajax, who already played a similar style. We're not Ajax. 

In general, Dutch coaches are stuck on one particular style; they've not progressed as football on the whole has changed. Spanish and German styles are now better. 

There's a reason The Netherlands have failed to qualify for major tournaments recently -- the only one they did well in Van Gaal had them playing ultra-defesively in a 3-5-2; to reach the 2010 World Cup Final.

He's got the prestige, and he has got that 'big'club' style that we need. I'm not sure FdB is the way to go. 

So we get rid of Murty then the next manager fails we sack him , then the next meanwhile the other lot are winning trophies at the drop of a hat we need continuity so give the young man a chance ,give him a three season contract then see what happens 

21 minutes ago, compo said:

So we get rid of Murty then the next manager fails we sack him , then the next meanwhile the other lot are winning trophies at the drop of a hat we need continuity so give the young man a chance ,give him a three season contract then see what happens 

The general whispers going round is that Murty has already been told he is not being considered for the full time position going forward.

9 hours ago, theboyharley said:

FdB would be a great appointment in my opinion. Guy has had a great career as a player and a good career as a coach. Ajax hadn't won the league in something like 7 years and he went on to win 4 titles in a row. Inter wasn't a success but that's an incredibly tough job and had he done well there then we wouldn't get a look in. The Palace job counts for nothing, the nuts world of being a manager in the daft league. 4 games then sacked. It's a joke. 

The problem might be he'd want to overhaul the squad and I'm not sure we can afford that again. He also has a particular style of football he likes to play. I think our current squad is only 3/4 players away from being back where we belong but whether or not the core of the current squad would suit FdB's system I'm not so sure. I think he'd be a good appointment and he'd get my vote over Clarke, Ross and Murty. 

I have no idea if de Boer is a good manager. Since Ajax he's done woefully and winning trophies domestically with Ajax is just doing what is expected, much like winning trophies with the old firm.

That said, if the alternative is some crap Scottish manager then I'll bite your hand off. Are we really going to go from getting rejected by Derek McInnes, choosing our youth coaching, then going to footballing legend Frank de Boer? 

18 minutes ago, pete said:

The general whispers going round is that Murty has already been told he is not being considered for the full time position going forward.

A bit of snot in a jar would have the mental capability to see that Murty has absolutely no possible future as our manager. Sticking with him would be actively plotting our downfall. 

After a string of abysmal appointments the board must get the next one right. Otherwise, their time will be up.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

43 minutes ago, compo said:

Just like any line of work, incompetence needs rooted out. Murty is clearly completely out of his depth and the idea of giving him a three year deal is ludicrous. 

Getting rid of managers isn't where the board are going wrong. Where they're going wrong is employing crap ones in the first place.

28 minutes ago, pete said:

Even if the board had indeed reached that firm decision, why would they tell Murty now? It would be rank stupidity with no possible gain.