[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers (McCrorie Sent Off)

23 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

There may be managers who's salaries are unaffordable at this time. There may also be managers whom would never work for our club under any circumstances. I however do not subscribe to the notion that the Rangers Football Club managers position is ANY less prestigious than it was before the companies running the Club found themselves in financial difficulties. To agree with that would be tantamount to agreement with the moon howlers that the Club is now a lesser club. It is not! It is exactly the same Club and institution that it has always been. 

We disagree on this point and I'm perfectly comfortable disagreeing with you about it. Its a fundamental argument and I don't need you to be in agreement with me on any level whatsoever whether you are a Rangers supporter or not is irrelevant. I'm not questioning whom you support I'm questioning your assertion that the position of Rangers manager, or by association, that of any other position within Rangers Football Club is somehow considered lesser than it was or that it is somewhat toxic. Its an argument I find completely incredulous! 

However they go about it, I just hope they get it right this time.

I think there will be a fair few of the better managers who aren't unemployed who won't want the Ibrox job under current circumstances.

I responded to Busters post above and you decided to interject into the conversation. A conversation that I and Buster were perfectly capable of resolving through reasonable discussion. I disagree with you and posed the question... What are you talking about? Since then you've told me how my reply was condescending and indeed wrong thinking.  

So far you haven't explained to me why I am wrong thinking. So with that said... Please explain to me in what way Glasgow Rangers Football Club are no longer the same Glasgow Rangers Football Club as it was before the financial issues of 2012? If you cant explain this to me then you should retract your assertion and accept that WE ARE THE SAME CLUB WITH THE SAME HISTORY AND THE SAME PRESTIGE! I shouldn't need to remind anyone of this but the position of Rangers first team manager is extremely prestigious! Rangers have not now nor have they ever been an unattractive opportunity for any ambitious footballer/manager regardless of any financial issues or their reach today.  

Again..... I'll reiterate asking another what they are talking about during discussion is neither condescending nor is it disrespectful its an attempt to clarify their point. In this case it was however quite obviously an enquiry fuelled by incredulity! What clearly passes you by is that your 'right on' opinion might have the opposite affect to that which you intended.

Little apples will grow again!

Knock yourself out buddy!! Apples , pears whatever you like..............

You just don't get it do you? And you never will.