[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers (McCrorie Sent Off)

1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:
1 hour ago, Big Jaws said:

What are you talking about. Its Rangers of course its an attractive position to go for. If you don't think that it is then I've got no answer for you.

I'm talking about our club - just the same as you are, so stop trying to shout me down or pretend you are a bigger fan than any other.

I know what Rangers FC is all about, that's why i'm not having it when you ask - "What are you talking about" you arrogant so and so.

Where is this great manager who can't resist then? 

28 minutes ago, buster. said:

That Scottish Cup win in 1973 was 'my first trophy' as a young supporter, my first game attended was in early 1974 and it was 1975 when we won the League at Easter Road, I was there. 

I'm afraid there isn't a Jock Wallace out there these days. Nor would the old fashioned methods go down too well today. It's a shame because it's just what we could do with. Another difference is the quality of players he had at his disposal,...they'd just won a European trophy when he took over the main job. Lastly, the finances weren't really that much of an issue then, at least relative to today.

Today, European football beyond the summer is a challenge, far less continental trophies and we've recently climbed through the divisions. The board haven't made good managerial appointments and two disasterous summer transfer windows have us on the backfoot whilst Celtic are in the strongest financial state that I have known.

As far as being 'attractive' I'd agree but not all management candidates now in 2018 will agree....but aslong as we can find the right man that doesn't matter. What it might do is limit our choice.

Who knew that Wallace was going to be as successful as he was? No one did he was untested the only thing that suggested he might have the right calibre was his wee Berwick Rangers teem beat us in the cup in 67' but even after that he had to spend a couple of seasons with Hearts and when he eventually arrived at Rangers in 70' he still had another two years under Waddell before he was deemed anywhere near good enough to be Rangers manager.

Basically I'm saying he showed promise as a young manager then he's effectively had a 4 year apprenticeship with two clubs, two at Hearts and two at Rangers, before he's considered for the Rangers managers job and only on the say so of Waddell who was moving upstairs.

Of course the selection process is slightly different these days that was 48 years ago and the game has moved on. I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't. Its abundantly clear that at least some form of that type of diligence on behalf of the board is an absolute necessity! There's very little wiggle room for any more experiments going forward. The board needs to appoint a manager who is both already successful and has the potential to be more successful in future. Its got nothing to do with Rangers being unattractive and more to do with Rangers board attempting to stabilise the club with as little cash as they could get away with.

Its not down to me to make Rangers an attractive position for managers/coaches thats the Boards job. Whether you or I like it or not looking across the internet sites today's game has galvanised the Rangers supporters view of this board and they need to do something about it immediately. No six weeks appointments, interview process. What I'm seeing everywhere is.... 'We're sick of this shit... Get it fucking sorted out!' and are the words on almost every Rangers supports lips out there after this afternoon!

20 minutes ago, DevilBlue WeeThe said:

I'm talking about our club - just the same as you are, so stop trying to shout me down or pretend you are a bigger fan than any other.

I know what Rangers FC is all about, that's why i'm not having it when you ask - "What are you talking about" you arrogant so and so.

Where is this great manager who can't resist then? 

There's obviously a disconnect or cross purpose here... what you seem to be saying is that you don't think that Rangers can attract a decent quality manager thats fine you should say that and say why you think that its allowed in debate.

Equally I'm allowed to say without being accused of arrogance that Rangers Footaball Club are one of the biggest football clubs in the world, do you contest this, if you don't then explain to me why an ambitious manager wouldn't want to mange at such a club? Its not arrogance its logic!

5 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Who knew that Wallace was going to be as successful as he was? No one did he was untested the only thing that suggested he might have the right calibre was his wee Berwick Rangers teem beat us in the cup in 67' but even after that he had to spend a couple of seasons with Hearts and when he eventually arrived at Rangers in 70' he still had another two years under Waddell before he was deemed anywhere near good enough to be Rangers manager.

Basically I'm saying he showed promise as a young manager then he's effectively had a 4 year apprenticeship with two clubs, two at Hearts and two at Rangers, before he's considered for the Rangers managers job and only on the say so of Waddell who was moving upstairs.

Of course the selection process is slightly different these days that was 48 years ago and the game has moved on. I'd be extremely surprised if it wasn't. Its abundantly clear that at least some form of that type of diligence on behalf of the board is an absolute necessity! There's very little wiggle room for any more experiments going forward. The board needs to appoint a manager who is both already successful and has the potential to be more successful in future. Its got nothing to do with Rangers being unattractive and more to do with Rangers board attempting to stabilise the club with as little cash as they could get away with.

Its not down to me to make Rangers an attractive position for managers/coaches thats the Boards job. Whether you or I like it or not looking across the internet sites today's game has galvanised the Rangers supporters view of this board and they need to do something about it immediately. No six weeks appointments, interview process. What I'm seeing everywhere is.... 'We're sick of this shit... Get it fucking sorted out!' and are the words on almost every Rangers supports lips out there after this afternoon!

I don't disagree with much of what you say there.

Hopefully we start seeing some movement (Murty gone from first team) by tomorrow.

If Rangers is an attractive proposition then why are we persevering with a youth coach?  Why did McInnes turn us down?  Why was our last manager a managerial nobody plucked from the middle of the Qatari league?  

35 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

If Rangers is an attractive proposition then why are we persevering with a youth coach?  Why did McInnes turn us down?  Why was our last manager a managerial nobody plucked from the middle of the Qatari league?  

You'll need to ask the board those questions. You'll be unlikely to get any solid answers that you can work with but that's whom you should ask. My guess as I said above is that they wanted to attempt the transition from the previous regime with as little capital expenditure as possible. Some of the decisions made during those negotiations don't seem to have borne any fruit from a supporters perspective however they have made in roads as far as club stability is concerned. As far as I can see they (Board) are at a cross roads... that is it needs to provide a decent product on the field that will entice/excite the support to insure that the club retains its season ticket uptake. And as far as I'm concerned that begins with the appointment of a manager even if it costs a £1m to do that. If they don't and they continue picking up guys who've won a game or two for hearts, Kilmarnock etc etc etc then we the fans are in for more of the same and I cant see them putting up with it. Its that simple.

Its up to the board to sort that side of the deal out not me. I just sit in the stand.

Edited by Big Jaws

Like many of us on here I wish I had a solution,but I don't.As already posted my glass half full attitude was shattered today by both the lack of ambition shown by the players,the ineptitude of the interim manager and the massive let down felt by all the fans.

IMHO if we have to go out and spend a million to get a manager that would be cheap and probably not get us much more than we have at the moment so I think we will have Murty till end of season,although I also thought getting Jimmy Nichol to assist would help,obviously not.

We have too many players not at the races,not only today  but on a regular basis.

Must go are Martin,Halliday,Alves,Goss,Herrera and on the fringes I would add Windass,Dorrans(not lived up to reputation),Miller(age).

Any decent bids coming in for Morelos/Tav/Fod I would take to give us finances to move forward.

I have no idea how we can attract a decent manager under our current position as I used to laugh about turnover of managers at other clubs but we are now in that situation.

I'm increasingly uncomfortable with the criticism of Graeme Murty, who didn't seek the manager's job but was asked to take over by a board of directors that had failed twice to appoint an effective manager and then had an offer to McInnes thrown back in their faces.

Graeme Murty might not be the right man to manage Rangers but he never claimed to be. Having a go at him now is a ridiculous thing to do. He may well be the only one in this whole debacle who DOESN'T deserve to have blame hung round his neck.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm increasingly uncomfortable with the criticism of Graeme Murty, who didn't seek the manager's job but was asked to take over by a board of directors that had failed twice to appoint an effective manager and then had an offer to McInnes thrown back in their faces.

Graeme Murty might not be the right man to manage Rangers but he never claimed to be. Having a go at him now is a ridiculous thing to do. He may well be the only one in this whole debacle who DOESN'T deserve to have blame hung round his neck.

Whilst you make some valid points, Graeme Murty isn't free from blame wrt team performance.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm increasingly uncomfortable with the criticism of Graeme Murty.

He's from the wrong stock.  Get rid and let's get someone else in.