12 minutes ago, buster. said:

".....For some players it did seem to matter...."

With most of them, it seems the passion kicks in when they themselves are questioned and/or are not playing.

Agreed.  It seems to me (and it is only an opinion) Wallace chucked it months ago so has little right to be considered the saviour here.

However, there's also no doubt that both Caixinha and Murty have been the wrong men.  The board's inability to bring in the right man could set us back years if they don't deal with it soonest.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Agreed.  It seems to be (and it is only an opinion) Wallace chucked it months ago so has little right to be considered the saviour here.

However, there's also no doubt that both Caixinha and Murty have been the wrong men.  The board's inability to bring in the right man could set us back years if they don't deal with it soonest.

Agreed, it's an omnishambolic circus with various 'factions' trying to curry favour with the support (against tuther faction)  when none of them deserve it.

Very good summary Frankie. I never thought this would be a quick ‘going for 55’ and 3 years in the top flight would be realistic before serious challenge. Despite some good achievements off the park the playing side has been shambolic and delayed progress to the point that we will be extremely fortunate to reverse the trend with Celtic before 2022. Perhaps that will make it more special but unfortunately a few thousand Bears will have passed on by then. 

Ive seen all the words and anguish from various fan groups, we all also have our own views on where the problems are at a higher level and it is largely irrelevant because we are at the stage where actions speak louder than words and the empowered people are the only ones who can act in a meaningful way. 

I will take up a ST this year (didn’t previously for work reasons) and I hope others do the same as our money is desperately needed. What we must remember however is that despite the Board / 3 Bears putting millions in they are actually getting an investment and a potential return for their money to go along with the great privilege of sitting in the Board room. For everyone else we get to rent a small plastic seat in the rain every fortnight and often on days that don’t suit due to TV and it represents a relatively greater donation than for most board members 

The board need to do a lot lot more (within FFP rules) than they have been doing. It isn’t about money for them it is about legacy and what they will be remembered for in the future. If they do not do something pretty special now then that legacy will be a poor one. The success of removing Ashley and the spivs is yesterday’s achievement. Right now they are stagnating and the most obvious evidence of that is keeping the unfortunate Murty in the role of manager since they sacked Caxinha. They didn’t ‘give’ Rangers all the money they have and it is their fault for whatever portion of that money (as well as fans money and the fans did ‘give’) that has been squandered. Any bonuses dished out to senior management should be handed back as a first step (won’t happen but should happen). This is not now the fault of Warburton,  Caxinha, Murty, Wallace, Miller, Barton, Pena. It is the fault of the Board. 

Fix it it or be remembered for mediocrity and a Rangers competing at a level along with Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts. If we compete at that level for too long we will capsize given our overheads. It’s now or never. 

57 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Unfortunately, there appears to be no consensus as to who would be a suitable manager; all sorts of names are bandied about with all of them having some pros and cons and with some unlikely to be willing to come to Rangers, perhaps because of greater financial remuneration elsewhere or else they don't fancy the challenge of having to surpass Celtic with considerably more limited funds.  Given our past record of appointing managers who were a disappointment the Board are now likely twitchy about making another mistake in who they appoint.  The appointment of Murty when Pedro left suggests the Board could not see any obvious candidate when McInnes turned us down and I am not sure the position has changed since then. 

23 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Unfortunately, there appears to be no consensus as to who would be a suitable manager; all sorts of names are bandied about with all of them having some pros and cons and with some unlikely to be willing to come to Rangers, perhaps because of greater financial remuneration elsewhere or else they don't fancy the challenge of having to surpass Celtic with considerably more limited funds.  Given our past record of appointing managers who were a disappointment the Board are now likely twitchy about making another mistake in who they appoint.  The appointment of Murty when Pedro left suggests the Board could not see any obvious candidate when McInnes turned us down and I am not sure the position has changed since then. 

The Rangers board should have agreed an appointment by now.  There may not be any perfect candidate or universally popular one but there should be one.

55 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The Rangers board should have agreed an appointment by now.  There may not be any perfect candidate or universally popular one but there should be one.

... so plug one out of the jobless folk? Or, what they might already have done, secure someone who is currently still employed with a club (till the summer)?

The "blame and demand game" is in full swing and opinions are fine. Not that we haven't read it all before ... and usually, proposals for solutions are hard to find.

Sunday can't come quickly enough.

I'm hoping (rather than expecting) we have a manager agreed already.

It would put a lot of minds at rest if said name was announced.  It may well have been agreed not to do this with the new manager and/or existing club but it might be one leak worth doing.

I too am looking forward to Sunday to see a few wrongs righted but I've approached a few games like that this season (last Sunday was one) and left very, very disappointed.  As such, as much as you may not like it, my very fair criticisms of all concerned (including some fans I hasten to add) stand.