Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It doesn't matter how simplistic a view it is.  It is supported by the facts.

Despite some good work leading up to March he let it all collapse after failing to beat Celtic at home.

What followed is a disaster.

Was a disaster!:) Hopefully we will put up a fight for the last 3 games

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Well, your opinion. Doesn't mean that he did not do admirably enough after a stuttering start and to the build up of OF game at Ibrox though. Unless you find a manager bar the Yahoo boss who did better over such a spell in the season. League seasons usually have such runs, one way or another. He f@cked it up in 2 OF games (as were the players he selected) and that's that. A disaster as a manager. Well, that is not only unreasonable, but rather simplistic a view too.

Eh? He f@cked it up in 2 OF games (as were the players he selected) and that's that. 

I am talking about long before that. Did you miss getting thrashed at Ibrox by St J & Hamilton or decimated at Dens by Dundee? A disaster from day 1, again.  But hey, you stick with JFK-1 and only count a wee spell from the turn of the year.

It really is very simplistic.  It is a results driven business and the results don't lie. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

Eh? He f@cked it up in 2 OF games (as were the players he selected) and that's that. 

I am talking about long before that. Did you miss getting thrashed at Ibrox by St J & Hamilton or decimated at Dens by Dundee? A disaster from day 1, again.  But hey, you stick with JFK-1 and only count a wee spell from the turn of the year.

It really is very simplistic.  It is a results driven business and the results don't lie. 

Lol...just leave him be, mate. 

2 hours ago, craig said:

And JFK also conveniently left out games prior to December 27th - was Murty appointed as interim manager on December 26th and that game was his first game in charge against Motherwell ?  Didn't think so.  Which means that the games JFK selected were hand-picked to try to prove a point.  All it really proved is that you can use statistics to back your argument no matter what.  Revisionism won't change that.

Yeah, he also left out the cup games and wins against Brazilian sides, now that you say it.

Still, would you expect a manager to win every single game to do "admirably", as DT disputed (the actual argument)? When we won 6 games on the trott, and going 7 games unbeaten (6 wins) before that? Or are you simply jumping in because debate's sake (look! JFK got it wrong, even if it does not really scratch the argument at hand ... ) and swing the "revisionism" club with abandon again?

1 hour ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

Nah, mate. What I said was:

Well, he won enough games on the trott to make the whole season interesting again, had he won that game. That is, given the players and circumstances, admirably.

You jumped in with disputing that, which is plain rubbish based apparently on your dislike of Murty. At the time, no-one was going tonto about him like they did after the cup semi-final or the OF drubbing at the Scumhut. Simple because he did admirably at the time by getting results which made the title race interesting again. No-one will now say that he did a good job at Ibrox, for obvious reasons. Which does not mean that he did in spells.

Murty is gone and not before time.  All the conjecture in the world won't change that. 

We have enough to concern ourselves with without spending time debating the interim manager's spell in charge.

Edited by Gonzo79

50 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Nah, mate. What I said was:

Well, he won enough games on the trott to make the whole season interesting again, had he won that game. That is, given the players and circumstances, admirably.

You jumped in with disputing that, which is plain rubbish based apparently on your dislike of Murty. At the time, no-one was going tonto about him like they did after the cup semi-final or the OF drubbing at the Scumhut. Simple because he did admirably at the time by getting results which made the title race interesting again. No-one will now say that he did a good job at Ibrox, for obvious reasons. Which does not mean that he did in spells.

How many games did he win and when was the season interesting again?  He lost a stack against dross and made an arse of it, but you shout about his 6 wins all you want.

I stand by what I said, results do not lie.  We are minnows looking like 4th place in a 2 horse race. Interesting to some maybe.

But I am glad somebody believed Murty last friday when he said he was the mutt's nuts and had done a good job. I just checked the league table btw.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Murty is gone and not before time.  All the conjecture in the world won't change that. 

We have enough to concern ourselves with without spending time debating the interim manager's spell in charge.

Aye! I have a feeling we won't win another game this season! I really do hope I am wrong!

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Well, that was the point of the whole debate ... and you obviously missed it.

I never missed it, I seriously wanted to know when you thought he season became interesting again after Murty's mob lost to the likes of Hamilton & St J at Ibrox on top of the away capitulations. I do not think the seemingly pivotal half dozen games made any difference.

Interesting, fwiw, is if we do indeed finish 4th in a 2 horse race. Results do not lie. Last comment in this thread from me because no doubt I am boring everyone now, cheers for the debate though.