GN Pod - Rangers beat Killie & Stevie G is on his way: let's go!

This week, Colin, Pete and débutante Christine try their best to find some positives from Saturday's Kilmarnock victory. The appointment of Steven Gerrard forms the rest of the conversation as the panel look ahead to next season.

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/910-gersnet-podcast-006-rangers-beat-killie-and-stevie-g-is-on-his-way-let-s-go

We'd like to invite all listeners to take part in our short survey about the pod. It should only take a few minutes to complete and your feedback will help us form ideas and content for the future.

We're particularly interested in what you think about the format and length whilst the final question will allow you to add some more detailed comment should you wish (please also use this to comment on Gersnet generally). Without further ado, the survey should be available via this link.

• Frankie changed the title to GN Pod - Rangers beat Killie and Stevie G is on his way: let's go!

A really enjoyable listen and well done to those taking part. I still think it should be 30 mins max though.

And what a disappointment when it turned out Pete still isn't bringing a Dutch accent to the microphone.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

A really enjoyable listen and well done to those taking part. I still think it should be 30 mins max though.

And what a disappointment when it turned out Pete still isn't bringing a Dutch accent to the microphone.

Thanks for the kind words!  Pete's pronunciations are hard enough to translate without him adding an accent.  :D

We've worked hard to get it down to 45mins and I'm quite happy with that as, with three contributors per show, it's tricky to cut it further.  If we had more shows then we'd maybe just have two contributors, for example, a pre-match show so that would probably be shorter.

It's also worth noting that the vast majority of the feedback via the survey above feels around an hour is fine.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Thanks for the kind words!  Pete's pronunciations are hard enough to translate without him adding an accent.  :D

We've worked hard to get it down to 45mins and I'm quite happy with that as, with three contributors per show, it's tricky to cut it further.  If we had more shows then we'd maybe just have two contributors, for example, a pre-match show so that would probably be shorter.

It's also worth noting that the vast majority of the feedback via the survey above feels around an hour is fine.

No problem, it's a purely personal opinion on duration. The show certainly works fine on a longer format but a whole hour to sit and listen to a podcast is often hard to find - and somehow it doesn't lend itself to dipping in and out.

47 minutes ago, Bill said:

No problem, it's a purely personal opinion on duration. The show certainly works fine on a longer format but a whole hour to sit and listen to a podcast is often hard to find - and somehow it doesn't lend itself to dipping in and out.

Take a break from listening to Diane Abbott for a bit and you'll find the time :D

Wrt the podcast, good work lads and lass.

Pete seems to be on a bid to 'out jolly' the Reverend ! 

Christine sounds a lot younger than someone able to be SG's Mum !

:whistle::D

Seriously, I thought Christine did very well on her first pod and like last week, the flow throughout the show was good.

As for time, IMO just about spot-on. Very difficult to cram a week that saw SG pitch up at Ibrox to less than 47 minutes.

I do think the bossman was missed because he brings a sensible sounding board for others to counter, eg. IIRC last weeks show seemed to be more of varied opinions...(although this obviously depends on the subject matter and can't be judged on a one-off).

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Take a break from listening to Diane Abbott for a bit and you'll find the time :D

Wrt the podcast, good work lads and lass.

Pete seems to be on a bid to 'out jolly' the Reverend ! 

Christine sounds a lot younger than someone able to be SG's Mum !

:whistle::D

Seriously, I thought Christine did very well on her first pod and like last week, the flow throughout the show was good.

As for time, IMO just about spot-on. Very difficult to cram a week that saw SG pitch up at Ibrox to less than 47 minutes.

I do think the bossman was missed because he brings a sensible sounding board for others to counter, eg. IIRC last weeks show seemed to be more of varied opinions...(although this obviously depends on the subject matter and can't be judged on a one-off).

What do you mean l was even singing to you. I also gave the Allo Allo pronunciations. I am not Jolly I am happy.:D

• Frankie changed the title to GN Pod - Rangers beat Killie & Stevie G is on his way: let's go!

Cheers for the latest one, folks, but how many times does Pete need to be told that the "manager" had no effing idea re the McCrorie in midfield substitution at half-time?

It was claimed on the match thread the same as he claims here- then corrected - then he re-iterated it on that thread after the correction and here he is again at it.  Cummings was ill and the "manager" didn't even know that Ross had ever been played in midfield and had to be talked into it.  it was at least twice on the thread and explained immediately after the game by......Nicholl. How many times does he need telt? ;)  All that strong lager ye've been advertising flows in admin, methinks! ;) 

Edited by SteveC

Brilliant podcast.  I really enjoyed it.  I have to say that Pete is funny, even when he's not meaning to be.  Really great contribution from the panel and for me 45 minutes isn't long enough.  Keep them coming!!!

52 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Cheers for the latest one, folks, but how many times does Pete need to be told that the "manager" had no effing idea re the McCrorie in midfield substitution at half-time?

It was claimed on the match thread the same as he claims here- then corrected - then he re-iterated it on that thread after the correction and here he is again at it.  Cummings was ill and the "manager" didn't even know that Ross had ever been played in midfield and had to be talked into it.  it was at least twice on the thread and explained immediately after the game by......Nicholl. How many times does he need telt? ;)  All that strong lager ye've been advertising flows in admin, methinks! ;) 

Firstly the podcast was made on Sunday. Secondly Jonatan Johnson is co-manager( Yes on an equal footing with Nicholl) so that means we did have a manager that put an extra player in the midfield. Johnsson told Nicholl to do that. Why Cummings went off does not change the fact that we then had an extra man in the midfield. Strangely enough I only had water beforehand so as I can get my tongue around those stupid names that don't sound like they look. Now go and rinse your mouth out with soap.:D